Author Topic: Borris - 2 Year Old Boy @ Many Tears  (Read 2395 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Borris - 2 Year Old Boy @ Many Tears
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:55:02 PM »

13-07-13 Borris is a 2 year male Cocker Spaniel who has come to us from a home because his owners are expecting a baby. Borris has lived outside so he will need to learn all about house training. He walks well on a lead, loves his cuddles and is a super, handsome little chap. He came in with Dennis but we would be happy to home him with with another dog or in the right circumstances as an only dog.  He can feel a little shy when meeting new people but is a friendly fellow.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Dinah

Re: Borris - 2 Year Old Boy @ Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »
Fingers crossed you're not waiting long for a new home Borris. :-*

Offline Walshies

• Fudge - our lovely chocolate boy
    • Masarnen Ramblers
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 02:21:39 PM »
So because they have a baby poor old Boriss has to sling his hook - got to wonder why they had a dog in the first place. Hope the poor chap finds someone who will care for him.
Check out our website at www.masarnenramblers.com

Offline Helly D

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 02:48:01 PM »
He is really lovely. So sad when they are dispensable. Recently was on a FB page where someone was asking about getting a kitten or cat. She then went onto say she's recently re-homed her two dogs!!

It's like putting a child up for adoption and then having another one. Some people are decidedly odd.

Offline sebanelli

• Our gorgeous Harry
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 02:15:20 PM »
I think the word I would have used is callous! >:D
The Fantastic Four: Oliver, Amber, Dylan, and Harry

Offline Cam1

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 03:34:44 PM »
How could anyone let such a lovely boy go? He is only a baby himself. I hope he soon has a wonderful new family. It makes me so cross, almost as cross as when I read that an older dog is being rehomed because he doesn't like the new puppy!

Offline cjealing

• millie & me.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 03:44:04 PM »
I agree with ALL the above.. poor Boris ,I can't imagine doing that , I bet it won't be long before Borris has a wonderfull forever family..  :D

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 08:06:02 PM »
Words fail me yet again (but then they often do with rehoming reasons excuses).  Looks like a lovely boy.  Their loss will be someone else's gain.

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 11:49:00 PM »
23-07-13UPDATE

Borris is a bouncy, lively chap. he likes to have a mad 5 minutes running round the sandschool to let off steam. He will need an active home where any children are older. He ran after a ball but didn't bring it back straight away as he got distracted. His recall seems good and he will sit nicely to have his lead put on. He doesn't pull alot on a lead but when he does he is easily corrected. He does tend to try to snatch a treat from your hand - he responds well to being told but of course you would need to persevere with this and praise when he gets it right. When walking a van passed us and he did not respond negatively to this. He is a happy dog in need of an understanding family who will show him right from wrong.

Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 06:40:06 AM »
Hopefully he won't be waiting long. I can't understand why dogs that are kept outside then need to be re-homed when a baby is on the way  :huh:. At least they have ended up at a rescue and not advertised on Facebook or preloved.

Millie

Offline ATB

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 02:40:33 PM »
Makes me mad. I know someone who has done the very same thing - got rid of the dog when the baby came...

My parents had a 'massive brute of a dog' (my mum's words!  :005:) before I was born. When I arrived, he used to sit and guard the pram if it was in the garden, would not move for anything. I remember when I was then a bit older lying on the rub beside him playing with his ears! I just don't get the why the dogs get dumped when the brats come along!

Hope this lovely boy has a home by now. Where he IS someone's baby.

Offline Walshies

• Masarnen Ramblers
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 06:27:13 PM »
Look at the love in his eyes - shameful treatment.

Offline KathyS

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 06:56:09 PM »
Let's not be too hasty in judging the people who passed him on. At least they didn't try to sell him via one of the more dodgy websites, and for all we know it was a heart-wrenching decision for him - all we have is a snippet of the story, not necessarily the full picture.

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 08:14:20 PM »
Let's not be too hasty in judging the people who passed him on. At least they didn't try to sell him via one of the more dodgy websites, and for all we know it was a heart-wrenching decision for him - all we have is a snippet of the story, not necessarily the full picture.
I totally agree with you.

Offline Walshies

• Masarnen Ramblers
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 11:06:49 PM »
It's a very valid point but I simply could not give my dog up no matter what - he is family.