Author Topic: hello  (Read 977 times)

Offline zero

hello
« on: July 18, 2013, 09:16:34 AM »
hi just came on this site,read a few threads which are very helpful.just got our first working cocker,wow never still.we have two springer spaniels who we thought were quite active,until we had the cocker.she,s a lovely liver bitch,out of good working stock.we are just getting into the shooting side and hope to use our dog.just like to say hello to everyone.
regards zero
ps the name is because we know zero about traning a gun dog.

Offline odieandgizmo

Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 07:37:56 PM »
Lol! Love the name ;)
I'm owned by a 13month old beagle called Odie and a 14week old blue roan working cocker called gizmo! Apparently I should be ok with the training as beagles are a nightmare (so people keep saying!!)  :dunno:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »
hi
we have gemma. 28 month old working cocker. Our first ever. have trained her ourselves and she works for 3 shoots during the season. best thing we have ever got into
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 10:48:54 PM »
Hi and welcome!

I have a 2 year old show type who I take to a shoot and has attended gundog training - she's not what one would call a natural but does have good etiquette  ph34r  There are lots of useful posts on here in the working section with great hints and tips for training.

A photo is a must, please :005:

Offline chrisnjulie

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 04:37:08 PM »
Hello Zero

Welcome to the forum . We have just started basic gundog training with our clumber spaniel and hopefull our cocker will be up for it too . Where do you live and do you have a trainer lined up ?
Julie , Chris , Sadie the Clumber Spaniel ,Henry the cocker and Brody the cocker
                     x x x

Offline zero

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 10:50:30 AM »
Hello Zero

Welcome to the forum . We have just started basic gundog training with our clumber spaniel and hopefull our cocker will be up for it too . Where do you live and do you have a trainer lined up ?
hello thanks for all the welcomes.we live in Derbyshire.we have a local trainer going through the basic,s with us,ie.sit,stay,down.heel work.but we are looking for a gun dog trainer.if anyone could point us in the right direction,that would be great.
kind regards
marian

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 11:08:26 AM »
I've just PMd you with details :D

Offline zero

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 04:14:52 PM »
I've just PMd you with details :D
thank you,i have spoken to lara.think we are going to let her help us with the training of our dog.
regards marian