Author Topic: Letting them off the lead??  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Ldavies38

• Mum to Mae
Re: Letting them off the lead??
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 09:39:36 PM »
Yeaaaaahhhhh I've done it, and we had so much fun.  She Came on the whistle each time. And I let her chase& catch me.!!!!!
First time cocker owner 🐶

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 10:07:32 PM »
Brilliant, well done for taking the plunge   :D

Now there will be no stopping you both :clapping:
Julie and Watson

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: I still have Tilly on a trailing training lead as I need to build up my confidence with letting her of lead. My worry is her running up to people more so young children and jumping to greet them. Also worry about meeting dogs as I've had some dogs go for her pin her down and try to bite her tummy.  :'(

Offline kalami

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »
:clapping: :clapping: I still have Tilly on a trailing training lead as I need to build up my confidence with letting her of lead. My worry is her running up to people more so young children and jumping to greet them. Also worry about meeting dogs as I've had some dogs go for her pin her down and try to bite her tummy.  :'(

Maybe you need to go to training classes, we did with Bella not because she needed training far from it but getting her used to other dogs in a controlled environment. Might help with your confidence too.
Both mine go on there lead if there's children around I don't know, I'm not worried about my dogs more about how children react, it shocks me how scared of dogs some children are.

Offline Landy andy

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 05:56:13 AM »
Totally agree with above.

Get them off the lead as young as possible, then they learn to follow you, as they are insecure. The older they are, the braver and more inquisitive they become, so harder to control/recall

Our trainer took us and puppy for off lead walk at 9 weeks, been good since.

Andy

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 06:57:01 AM »
we have done classes. Tilly is off lead most times but I just can't take her training lead off yet, it trails on the ground behind her. she's brilliant off lead follows me everywhere I go and 99% comes back when called so that's not the problem( I know it might change when teenager takes over :005:).... it's me. I'll get there it's all a learning game and I will get there.