Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 683 times)

Offline Tara76

Hello :)
« on: August 27, 2013, 08:43:26 PM »
Hi,

A quick introduction. I'm Tara, 37. Mummy to two wonderful children (20 and 10), 3 cats: Milly who is Mum to Gracie and Isabel and our new addition, Dotty; who is 14 weeks old. She is a Golden CS and an absolute Madam!  :005: Hopefully, one day, she will calm down enough that my 3 cats will move back in. I will probably ask lots of questions as I am eager to learn as she is my first ever pup!

For anyone else with Golden CS, I would love to hear more on temperament as I have heard they can be aggressive  ph34r so would be keen on hearing any tips for having a well rounded dog.

So, that is me for now. I look forward to gaining a heap of tips x

Offline JamiesGirl

Re: Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 08:49:06 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL! i have a gold cocker too :) he's seven and a half and whilst i would describe him as dominant I wouldn't say he was aggressive! Cocker spaniels are very loving dogs in general. I read a post earlier where someone described puppy's as a blank chalkboard, what you put on them you get back :) as long as the dog is in a safe environment I.e it feels safe for the dog, they are the most loving dogs ever  :luv:
🐾 Jamie's Girl - Sara 🐾

Offline Tara76

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:09:45 PM »
Aww thank you! She is a little diva and stubborn to boot  :003: but an absolute softy who loves cuddles and kisses all day if she could get away with it. Yours is lovely too! They are a beautiful breed x

Offline abzy0309

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 09:39:53 PM »
Hi,

I have an 11 week golden cocker.... And whilst I can not really advise as he is my first pup, he is a tinker..... And ALWAYS biting. I'm really hoping he will stop it :(

He is also very loving tho, and intelligent. Good luck with your madam  >:D

Abbie & Reggie

Offline Tara76

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 08:21:49 AM »
He is so cute! Ah Dotty is always nipping/biting too  >:D Fingers crossed they stop soon! x

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 08:32:50 AM »
Hi and welcome

I am Collette and have golden girl Bailey who is 1 and black girl Jazz who is 2 (double trouble :005:)

Whilst they are like chalk & cheese they are both very much Cockers first & foremost.

Jazz was a really easy pup and Bailey has proved to be more challenging although from reading other people's stories I think Bailey was far more typical of normal cocker pup behaviour we were just especially lucky with Jazz that she was so good.

Having said that she is just the most adorable gorgeous affectionate cuddle monster I have ever met :luv: :luv:

Don't worry too much about the rumours they have been around for years and don't really hold any water IMHO.

Look forward to the piccies it is COL law you know to share our furbabies :005: :005:
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Offline Tara76

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 03:32:24 PM »
Hi Collette,

It is relieving to hear positive things! In all honesty it was an old (batty) lady that was petting her and said 'Oh she is beautiful, they (the Golden's) can be aggressive'  :fear2:

She is so stubborn, but is fantastic on the lead, dry and clean throughout the night. A real personality. I have always been a cat person, but I can sooooooo see why people love their dogs so much. She is a fantastic companion already.

She has the vets tomorrow as we have had poop problems since getting her, so fingers crossed everything is okay. The poor love had kennel cough when we got her too. We thought that it was a little farm when we bought her, until we got there and it was a massive breeder. I probably should have walked away but I had already fallen in love with her  :004:

Where do I put pictures up? x

Offline abzy0309

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 10:04:14 PM »
He is so cute! Ah Dotty is always nipping/biting too  >:D Fingers crossed they stop soon! x

Thank you..... dotty is a beauty! Fingers crossed for us, I'm sick of mine being chewed  :005:.

I think Collette is right tho, they are all individuals and its all normal cocker behaviour from what I have read! :)

Abbie & Reggie