Author Topic: Doing my homework  (Read 602 times)

Offline Maisydaisy

Doing my homework
« on: August 09, 2013, 02:38:51 PM »
In preparation for Stanley arriving next week (6 sleeps to go!  :lol2:) I'm diligently studying Cocker Spaniel: An Owner's Guide and
The Perfect Puppy, as well as watching YouTube videos about puppy training, and spending ridiculous amounts of money on toys that he'll probably never play with...

...I don't remember being this prepared (or obsessed!) when I was pregnant with my daughter  :005: :005:

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Doing my homework
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 02:41:34 PM »
IT does become an obsession  :005: :005: and yes, he will probably prefer a rolled up sock to his toys
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Mrs Pepper

• Pepper
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 09:03:11 PM »
I remember when we first got Pepper, I spent hours researching what I should and shouldn't be doing and what he needed to be a happy dog. That was before I found CoL of course, I should have just come straight here and found the answers in one place...  ;)

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 09:38:39 PM »
Empty toilet roll tubes were Roxy's favourite - and Bobby still prefers either a sock or slipper to anything else  :005:

Good luck with Stanley - he is totally adorable  :luv:
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 07:20:59 AM »
Have to admit I loved all the preparation for a new puppy.  The whole house got a clean so that when I picked the pup up I could just spend all my time with them.  Even now I love buying stuff for them and have to exercise some self restraint  :lol2:   As the others cockers love socks so you'll never be short of dog toys though you may find you have a lot of odd socks.

I even went to the extent of making some dog toys for Misha when she arrived -  here she is with a big bone that I made for her - sadly with my sewing skills it didn't quite resemble a bone, more a big white pillow, but she didn't care and it lasted until her little brother arrived and it was de-stuffed on a big scale.

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60/littlebudha/Mishas%20Birthday/IMG_0824.jpg

Enjoy your time with the new pup when he arrives and make sure you post some pictures for us all to see.  :lol2:
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Westward

• Tessa 04/04/13
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 10:14:15 PM »
Have you got Stanley yet. Tell us all about him.  As you only live round the corner from me, would love an invite to meet him.  :-)
Tessa 

Offline Maisydaisy

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 10:16:34 PM »
Have you got Stanley yet. Tell us all about him.  As you only live round the corner from me, would love an invite to meet him.  :-)

I've just started a thread in puppy photos  :blink:  He's utterly gorgeous, and as soon as he's settled in we'll have to arrange a puppy play date  :D