Author Topic: For Anyone Who Is Having Sleepless Nights  (Read 1133 times)

Offline ~Jilly~

• Site Member
For Anyone Who Is Having Sleepless Nights
« on: May 20, 2005, 10:42:58 AM »
Hiya all,

I don't know if this will help anyone or not but thought I'd post it anyway because it just might help someone! :)

From the day Bella came home we put her crate in our lounge and she was happily going in and out of her own accord. We had intended putting her in our room for the first few nights because of some of the sleepless night stories we had heard but because she seemed so happy in her crate we left her downstairs overnight and she was fine - not a peep out of her, so that's the way it has stayed.

Until the night before last and we decided to move her crate into the kitchen into the place we had originally intended it to be. We put her to bed just the same as normal and she cried the place down, we tried ignoring her for 10/15 mins but there was no let up and she seemed to be getting more and more upset so we went down and moved her crate back into the lounge, off she went straight to sleep, no probs.

We tried putting the crate back into the kitchen during the day yesterday to get her used to it before bedtime but she just doesn't like it in there so she was back in the lounge last night - again not a peep and she sleeps for about 7/8 hours (or is quiet anyway).

Sorry this is long, what I'm trying to say is if you have their crate in the kitchen and they cry a lot, try the crate in another room and you may not need to bring them up to the bedroom (unless you want to :P ) you may also get some sleep!