Author Topic: Reggie and his new chew 'friend'  (Read 926 times)

Offline abzy0309

Reggie and his new chew 'friend'
« on: October 05, 2013, 10:07:51 PM »
Is it normal for puppies to become so attached to things? Reggie has a new chew...... He's not chewing it but cuddling it and carrying it round like he loves it.  He's being possessive about it, not aggressive but won't let it out his sight.

It's like he's has a personality transplant!!  :005:

Abbie & Reggie

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Reggie and his new chew 'friend'
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 10:21:19 PM »
Brodie can get a little... hysterical over new chews. I have to be careful what I give her. Pigs ears are a definite no (not that she can get them now anyway, they are too high fat), as are those Antos crocodile/toothbrush shaped things. Anything high value, actually. She can handle pizzle sticks (a rare treat!) and dried chicken ok.

If I give her one of these high value chews she carries them around constantly, pacing and whining; finding somewhere safe to put them then checking them to make sure no ones touched them :P, then picking them back up and pacing again. It drives me round the bend, and stresses her out so she doesn't get them!

Sounds like Reggie isn't anything like she is, but still loves his chews :005: :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline abzy0309

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 10:48:50 PM »
This is a tendon chew.... He seems to love it. I've took it off him now for bed time and he was a bit upset about it.....he was looking for a place to hide it too   :005:

Reggie has only had a pigs ear once and he had it for hours! It made him a bit hyper, but no dodgy tummy like other pups on COL.

Aren't they funny creatures... :)

Abbie & Reggie

Offline cockerlover1

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 03:19:42 PM »
As long as he is not aggressive I cannot see it as a problem, will he let you take it off him ok? Spend time doing a swap for a ball or something. Mine used to be really bad with tennis balls in the end I got a load of tennis balls put them all in the garden, for the first 5 min he went mad thought he was in doggie heaven lol then totally lost interest with them.

Offline abzy0309

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 07:28:42 PM »
He's not aggressive, and will let you take it off him. But he is unhappy when he's not got it. I distracted him and hid it and he want panicking searching for it. I never realised how clever they were until then, his natural instincts kicked in and he soon found it.

Maybe I will buy him a couple and see how he reacts to multiple chews lol

Abbie & Reggie

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 12:21:26 PM »
Brodie is like that with her beloved Teddy Bear, she always has to have it with her :005:. It went missing once and she went frantic looking for it and wasn't happy until I found it for her :luv:. Maybe this chew is his version of her Teddy Bear :lol2:

Wonder what he'll be like if he eats it ph34r :005:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 12:29:01 PM »
Brodie is like that with her beloved Teddy Bear, she always has to have it with her :005:. It went missing once and she went frantic looking for it and wasn't happy until I found it for her :luv:. Maybe this chew is his version of her Teddy Bear :lol2:

Wonder what he'll be like if he eats it ph34r :005:

Charlie is the same as Brodie, when it comes to treats and teddies. I just don't give Charlie treats that make him cry and cry and cry anymore - he gets agitated by them, so for his own sake he very very very rarely gets them. He does however, do the same after his Sunday dinner, but he needs his teddy for that!

If his teddy ever got lost, I'm not sure my life would be worth living...it has to come to bed with us too!
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)