Author Topic: Pulling on lead!!  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
Re: Pulling on lead!!
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 05:27:13 PM »
The only thing that works for my two are SWAG head collars (and believe me I have spent a fortune on different harnesses and head collars!) - they are like a dream but Roxy HATES wearing it so I only use it when I am desparate like if we go shopping or something. Bobby is fine with his and I find that if he has his on Roxy doesn't pull either....

At the moment I can't use Bobby's because he has had an op on his salivary gland and the collar catches where the stitches were so I'm back to being pulled along  >:D

I have to say Jane that my two would give Riley a run (or should that be a pull) for his money!!  ;)

Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 11:43:03 AM »
The only thing that works for my two are SWAG head collars (and believe me I have spent a fortune on different harnesses and head collars!) - they are like a dream but Roxy HATES wearing it so I only use it when I am desparate like if we go shopping or something. Bobby is fine with his and I find that if he has his on Roxy doesn't pull either....

At the moment I can't use Bobby's because he has had an op on his salivary gland and the collar catches where the stitches were so I'm back to being pulled along  >:D

I have to say Jane that my two would give Riley a run (or should that be a pull) for his money!!  ;)

I tried a SWAG headcollar for Ozzy, but didn't get on very well with it - I found it quite difficult to get on, as there is no catch, so you have to loosen it and then tighten it up when it's on and then there was a dangly bit when I unclipped the lead when we got to the woods.  I did like the fact that it was so well padded though - but we went back to the Halti after a couple of weeks.  Still got the SWAG though - I might give it another try now he's a bit older.

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 12:15:48 PM »
I just take the whole thing off with the lead :) - it is a bit difficult to get on but you do get used to it

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 03:44:46 PM »
I just take the whole thing off with the lead :) - it is a bit difficult to get on but you do get used to it

That's the problem - impossible to get back on in a hurry if I need to!

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 06:08:24 PM »
If I need the lead in a hurry (like an emergency) I just attach it to their normal collar....I do know what you mean about the SWAG headcollars but for the extra 30 secs to put it on I find it worth it for the peaceful walk  ;)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 06:30:16 PM »

I tried a SWAG headcollar for Ozzy, but didn't get on very well with it - I found it quite difficult to get on, as there is no catch, so you have to loosen it and then tighten it up when it's on and then there was a dangly bit when I unclipped the lead when we got to the woods.  I did like the fact that it was so well padded though - but we went back to the Halti after a couple of weeks.  Still got the SWAG though - I might give it another try now he's a bit older.

You can actually buy the swag with a lead attached Pip, I know you already have one though.

Haha Jan I really would like to see who can pull the harder :)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 06:32:20 PM »
Im now on the gencon, and he still pulls, they say it doesnt ride up to the eyes, they havent met Riley  :o
So the only one I havent tried is the original halti  >:D

I do like though how padded the swag is.