Author Topic: One chilled out pup  (Read 632 times)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
One chilled out pup
« on: November 03, 2013, 08:18:16 PM »
I'm sitting in the comfort of my own home watching the firework display across from us in the country park and what is little Archie doing?  Cleaning himself  :lol2: 

He is so chilled with noises it's unreal!!  He sits next to me whilst I'm drying my hair and sniffs the vacuum cleaner when it's on.

I just wish I could transfer some of that "chillness" to him when I have to leave him alone, no amount of DAP plug-ins/sprays or drops seem to work  :-\  He still screams and whines the place down and leaves little "presents".....
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline abzy0309

Re: One chilled out pup
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »
Ahhhh that's a good boy Archie! I'm sure you're perseverance will pay off soon :)

Abbie & Reggie

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 09:02:59 PM »
Aww, good boy Archie.  :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 09:33:16 PM »
Hey well done Archie lad, we have them round here too - and altho his nibs is a bit cautious when it comes to going outside when they are in full swing, the bangs, whizzes & pops don't seem to be bothering him that much  :D he does notice the big bangs, but only lifts his head as if to say wot the heck was that.

Not sure what to suggest when you leave him - only that if he is comfortable with noises, how about leaving the washing machine on a long cycle - so he gets used to the slosh, sloshing sound  :D

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »
Hudson's exactly the same. So many horror stories from friends about their dogs and bonfire night... The neighbours had a firework party last night and he was snoozing in his basket!

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 09:44:33 PM »
Oh, he is well used to the washing machine, the blasted thing is on all day long most days  :lol2:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 09:52:53 PM »
Hudson's exactly the same. So many horror stories from friends about their dogs and bonfire night... The neighbours had a firework party last night and he was snoozing in his basket!

I do sympathise with people who have such dogs - I had a border collie and she was scared stiff, used to come and lay under the computer desk, so I put one of those DAP plug in's quite close by and she would sleep under there, once she knew she was safe. :'( I used to have to wait till about one in the morning to take her outside for a wee

I am so grateful that none of the cockers I have had have been affected in this way
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »
Oh, he is well used to the washing machine, the blasted thing is on all day long most days  :lol2:

ah right - back to the drawing board  :shades:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »
Sorry!  I have one 'challenging' pupster!!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 10:18:26 PM »
Sorry!  I have one 'challenging' pupster!!

You do indeed  :lol: