Author Topic: Crying!  (Read 1655 times)

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
Re: Crying!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »
I see your points but the morning crying started weeks before he even knew our bed existed, let alone him being in it was a possibility! He was only brought upstairs a couple of times in our attempt to have a weekend lie in - possibly a fool hardy decision! So I don't think the crying is necessarily that he wants to be in bed with us (though obviously it's preferable!).

He has learned to run up the stairs this week unfortunately... so a baby gate purchase may be in order!

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
>:D I'm not backing down on this one, he is categorically not sleeping in our room full time!!

Sorry it can't be both, he doesnt know. For the record we went through the same with Harry now he's absolutely fine downstairs and never has slept in our bed, in fact we try not to let him upstairs anytime.

He's allowed upstairs by invitation only, same as on the sofa. And he does know

Does it go something like:- HBP has great pleasure in requesting the presence of a wriggly,furry bundle (aka Hudson) into her sleeping quarters, for one night only this invitation may also stretch to the sofa on limited occassions ;)

Did it just stop over night then? Or did Harry just gradually stop over time?

:P :005:

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 05:32:12 PM »
Rufus used to be the same as Hudson and would wake up and expect us to get up, he used to bark, whine and scratch at the kitchen door anytime from 5.30am onwards. We just ignored him unless we thought he desperatly needed the toilet. If he needed to go we used to let him out without any fuss and keeping everything as low key as possible then put him back to bed, then we'd also go back to bed ourselves and ignore him. He eventually started to sleep in later and now rarely gets us up. We also have a "no upstairs" rule too (although he does make a bid to get upstairs on occasions). Hang on in there and be constitant with your approach yto this. It will get better!

Thanks, guess we will just have to sit it out then! I was just worried there was something we were missing. Will keep at it!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 05:32:57 PM »
>:D I'm not backing down on this one, he is categorically not sleeping in our room full time!!

Sorry it can't be both, he doesnt know. For the record we went through the same with Harry now he's absolutely fine downstairs and never has slept in our bed, in fact we try not to let him upstairs anytime.

He's allowed upstairs by invitation only, same as on the sofa. And he does know

Does it go something like:- HBP has great pleasure in requesting the presence of a wriggly,furry bundle (aka Hudson) into her sleeping quarters, for one night only this invitation may also stretch to the sofa on limited occassions ;)

Did it just stop over night then? Or did Harry just gradually stop over time?

:P :005:

Sorry, couldn't resist  ;)
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline rednblack

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 07:05:30 PM »
I know it doesn't seem a massive problem as we are getting up anyway but I worry about disturbing the neighbours! Plus its a bit of a stressful way to wake up! 

I can't comment on your main problem, having been lucky enough to have never had a pup which cried, but I see that your neighbours' reaction is a bit of a concern (in your first post).  I hope they're not complaining, but just wanted to suggest that maybe if you took them a bottle of wine/box of chocs or whatever and warned them that there might be some puppy crying they would be prepared, you could reassure them that you are working on the problem, and you would have a bit less to worry about.  If they're nice people, maybe even a little cuddle from Hudson would help them to be understanding.  :D
Remembering Rex, Janna, Toni, Billy, Rufus and Ebony - gone beyond recall.

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 07:22:38 PM »
Good ideas thank you! They've not complained yet but they can be a bit funny sometimes so, that is where the majority of my concerns is (though obviously I don't want a whiney dog forever!). To be honest though, it's probably not as loud  to them as I think it is! They have a 6 month old baby and I've never heard it crying so... xx

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 09:56:19 PM »
Good ideas thank you! They've not complained yet but they can be a bit funny sometimes so, that is where the majority of my concerns is (though obviously I don't want a whiney dog forever!). To be honest though, it's probably not as loud  to them as I think it is! They have a 6 month old baby and I've never heard it crying so... xx

Probably now it is getting colder and we are shutting doors and windows, the noise you are worried about won't carry quite so easily as in the warmer weather
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.