Author Topic: The Kong!  (Read 1714 times)

Offline PennyB

The Kong!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 10:41:24 PM »
Edited to say - what size kong did you get? I got Bella the small puppy one (as advised on the packet!) and although I do now think it is the perfect size for her mouth/to chew I also think the hole is too small and I find it near on impossible to get stuff out (I had to soak it in boiling hot water 3 times over to get peanut butter out :rolleyes: ) so goodness knows how puppies are meant to be able to get it out :unsure:
[snapback]130933[/snapback]

With the adult one Ruby has she bounces it across the floor to dislodge the stuff thats compacted in so little by little it comes out after ever bounce!
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
The Kong!
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 10:54:27 PM »
With the adult one Ruby has she bounces it across the floor to dislodge the stuff thats compacted in so little by little it comes out after ever bounce!
[snapback]130938[/snapback]

Hence Molo, "can't be bothered" - that involves FAR to much effort  :lol:  :lol:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Pete and Jo

• Site Member
    • http://
The Kong!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 09:20:46 AM »
What does everybody put inside the kongs then?  Oscar loves his kong loads and that is without me even putting any filling inside!
[snapback]130827[/snapback]

We fill ours with Banana - and Jarvis loves it to bits.  Sometimes we add bits of his food or dog chocolate buttons mixed in.  Also we used to give Jarvis frozen banana when he was teething - but the taste of the banana seemed to get on everything else in the freezer.

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
The Kong!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2005, 09:22:44 AM »
I've got two type of Kong - an traditional easy one for Daisy who would otherwise give up if she had difficulty getting the food out, and a more difficult kong ball for clever old Jazz who has learnt that to get the food out she must pick it up in her mouth, lean her head backwards, and let the food drop into her mouth - always amazes me to watch  :) I tend to cut sausages up and put them in the kongs as it never fails to keep them occupied until the last bit has gone  :D

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
The Kong!
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2005, 09:53:29 AM »
I use a JWB crackerjack or a piece of cheese if I've run out of biscuits.  As soon as I get my car keys she goes in the living room and sits and waits for her Kong.  I don't think it takes her long to get the biscuit out but it makes me feel better when I leave because she's not looking at me all forlorn but instead has gone off with her Kong.  :)
Loraine and Candy xxxx