Author Topic: Car harness  (Read 897 times)

Offline KeresleyKate

• Arvy
Car harness
« on: May 25, 2014, 09:04:57 AM »
We want to get a car harness for Arvy. He's 9 weeks at the mo and growing fast. Any recommendations? Tips on getting him use to it also welcome.

Thanks Kate
Kate

Offline Shadows_mum

Re: Car harness
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 10:54:29 PM »
I bought a car crate for my pup and was probably the best £30 or so I spent! It collapses in the house so doesn't take up room to store, he's got plenty of room in it and is safe and quiet in the car (he just goes to sleep actually) and it keeps my car generally a bit cleaner. I got mine off petplanet. Hope that helps!

Offline KeresleyKate

• Arvy
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 07:30:23 PM »
Thanks. We thought we could get our house crate in but the roof of the car is too sloped.  Might look into it though.

Regards Kate
Kate

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 07:49:16 PM »
Coco has a soft crate for the car: when she was tiny I used a cat basket for her.  ;)  She has always been happy in the car and just snuggles down and sleeps.  Keeps her contained and safe and keeps her nose out of my shopping too ;) :lol2:
Julie and Watson

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 10:59:16 PM »
Mine both have the Clix Car Safe in Medium which I am really happy with  :D

Lola in hers <3

Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline KeresleyKate

• Arvy
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 11:25:58 AM »
Lola looks lovely and the harness looks nice and padded. I think my vets sells Clix, would a medium fit a puppy or do we need to wait until he's got bigger.
Kate

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 03:31:29 PM »
Mine have the Clix too but in small - why not ask your vet if you can try one?

This was Bobby in his at about 4 months old
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »
Clix in a small for us too, Bea has had it since she was about 13 weeks, she still wears it now and she weighs just over 11 kilo's, strong , comfortable with good reviews, I always thread the seat belt through the bit where you "clunk click" it as it gives her more room to move and lay down.

Bea loves the car and my car is not designed to keep things in the boot safe, hence back seat driver !
 ;)

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 10:55:54 PM »
Good idea about trying one on, TBH Lola's doesnt fit as snugly as Lottie's but the small seemed a bit too small at the time. :dunno:

Both of mine come running to put their car harness on, so they must be comfortable  :banana:
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 05:16:06 PM »
Milly and Chaz both have the Clix Safe harness as well.

Milly has the small size but Chaz needs the medium. No problems getting either of them to wear them as they know Harness = Car = Walkies  ;)

The only downside is that they're both usually both spinning round in circles as we're trying to get them on  :005:

Bob.

Offline KeresleyKate

• Arvy
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »
We bought a small Clix but it is pretty big on him. Obviously he's a bit delicate. we have a car crate too but our Civic seems to have been designed so that the sun beats directly down on top of it and he can't see out so I'm not keen to have him in it long when its hot.
Kate

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »
If it is still a bit big for him and he wears a harness for walking, there is an attachment you can buy that clips onto the ordinary harness.

We use these too, I tend to have them in OH's car as an extra. You could use one of these till he grows a bit, they are quite cheap to buy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustable-Car-Vehicle-Safety-Seat-Belt-Lead-Cat-Dog-Pet-Dog-collar-Attachment-/271493135360?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Steamers_Cookers_PP&var=&hash=item3f36407c00
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011