Author Topic: Acana  (Read 750 times)

Offline silke

• Site Member
Acana
« on: August 23, 2014, 01:26:02 PM »
Hi All,

I am after your experiences with Acana- does anyone here feed it? Does it work out a lot more expensive or do you find that you have to feed less?

Thank you! :D

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Re: Acana
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 11:11:51 PM »
I feed mine approx. 120g a day, pretty much the same as I did with Barking Heads & Burns
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 01:56:16 AM »
Here's the maths from a post I made recently concerning a new dog food shown on Dragon's Den......

We feed our two on Acana and Orijen, both of which are considered to be a premium quality, grain free, slightly pricey food. It's also from human quality ingredients is hypoallergenic and consistently rated as one of the best dog foods out there.

Milly is fed 100grams of Acana a day and Chaz 120 grams of Orijen. A 13kg bag of Orijen is £64 and does Chaz for just over three months. A 13kg bag of Acana is £48 and lasts Milly four months.

According to the Pure feeding guide and their weight, Milly, at 10.2 kilos, would need about four scoops of food, 120 grams and Chaz, at 14.8 kilos, would need six scoops, 180 grams, per day.  8 kilos (2 x 4kilo packs) of Pure Chicken Delicious is nearly £90 and would last my two less than a month ! !...26.6 days to be precise.

So, averaging things out a bit, £112 spent on 13kilos of Orijen and 13 kilos of Acana feeds my two for approx three and a half months.
A similar amount of £112 spent on Pure would feed them both for just over 33 days.

So, 13kg of Acana lasts Milly about 4 months and costs £48...£12 a month. She's been on Acana for a few years, absolutely loves it and has had no poo problems whatsoever. Chaz, our worker, gets the more expensive Orijen which is made by the same manufacturer and costs about £20 per month. Chaz has all the energy of a typical worker and the Orijen is his "Rocket Fuel" but he does get a lot more running about than Milly and is a large worker at nearly 15 kilos in weight.

Bob.

Offline silke

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 09:34:20 AM »
Thank you for your advice.  :D