Author Topic: What a lovely forum  (Read 848 times)

Offline NickiLondon

What a lovely forum
« on: September 13, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »
I am so glad I have discovered it.

My boy is 17 months  now and I am totally in love with him. He is the loveliest and the friendliest character, such a softie and a true gent.  I really am lucky to have a cocker as he is my first ever dog. So much love  this beed that I am seriously thinking to take another one now.
This is Ollie with our neighbour Bella )))

he is Golden Cocker and I am thinking to take a black an tan girl for him. The only thing is he can do "heel" quite well  but when he is leaving house or overexcited he does really pull the lead. is it normal because he is relatively young or should I persevere? I am just thinking if I took another dog and they are pulling different directions? or do they usually have some sort of herding instinct and stick together?

Anyway this is one thing. Another questions is Ollie is fully aware that he is the centre of attention in our family and an apple of my eye so I was just thinking what if he gets jealous. He sometimes do get jealous if I show my affection to other pretty dogs but funnily enough  not always. I know it is hard to say now but how do people introduce another dog in the house?

Thank you very much  :D

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: What a lovely forum
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 04:09:58 PM »
Hi so glad you found us, it is a lovely forum so friendly and helpful.
I have an Ollie too.

The queries you have - I'm sure there will be some advice, try a post on the behaviour and training thread.

Your Ollie looks a very happy chappy.

J
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline NickiLondon

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 05:11:38 PM »
Hi J

You are right I should have separated the topic into introduction and into beghaviour threads.

Nice to meet you, J  and Ollie. Is he Black and Tan or tri color? I am assuming it is his pic you have as your profile pic?

Offline Catty_G

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 08:28:01 PM »
Beautiful boy, looks like he's having fun  :luv:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 03:46:40 PM »
Hi Ollie is the photo you see black and tan with some white on chest.....can be a rascal at times.

Hope you find some answers to your queries.

J
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline NickiLondon

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 04:05:38 PM »
Yeah, haven't figured out how to magnify profile pictures yet but  Sounds like a good combination of colours.
My Ollie came very modest but now I think he has discovered that he has a voice in the family so he speaks with us. Not that he is making too much noise unnecessary  but he certainly knows that we understand him. So funny at times.