Author Topic: Frazzled!  (Read 753 times)

Offline kaz60

Frazzled!
« on: November 28, 2014, 12:19:11 PM »
Could anyone offer any advice please. I am taking Arthur out regularly, after sleep, food, play etc he is weeing and pooing outside no problem but when I leave the kitchen even if it's just for a couple of minutes straight away Arthur wees, it's as if to say "your leaving me so I'm going to wee"  when I walk back in he always seems to go for my ankles as well, is this just a puppy thing as I'm finding it really wearing. Also when I take him in the garden should he be on the lead or just let him run around. I have just been letting him run around but he tends to jump in the pots and chew at everything. Hope someone can help   :huh:

Karen

Offline BJ's Mommy

Re: Frazzled!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 01:03:39 PM »
Hi.

We have 2 beautiful cocker girls --- sisters !!!!
They are 7 months now but we had a hard time with housetraining.
They wee'd for England !  :005:
Luckily it was through the summer so had the kitchen door open regularly.
It took till they were about 5 months to get it right.
Now they are (fingers crossed) clean.
We were also getting up about 3 times during the night to let them out for wees !
It was very tiring.
But we then decided to take them into our bedrooms ( Bella in mine and Bailey in my sisters)
From then on they went all night !!!

Keep going some are quicker at being clean but others take a bit longer.

They are the most gorgeous girls ever and soooooo loving.

Good luck x

Nicki.    ;)
Bella & Bailey : Born 29/4/2014

Remembering my beautiful Golden Retriever 'Benji'
17/1/01 - 4/8/13. Now at the Bridge.

Offline JackieT

• Ziggy - working cocker
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 02:40:36 PM »
Hiya. Wee wise, we did then 30 minutes playing then 30 minutes crate then straight out for a wee. It worked for us, but if Arthur isn't happy in crate that might not work for you.

Re going outside, we always went with him on the lead, because we have a large garden and we were worried he would run away. In the end, we were brave enough to go without a lead at about 12 - 13 weeks as a precursor to off lead in the woods. But I still take him on the lead at night and I find he's much less distracted, so he goes out, does the wee and a poo if he needs one, then wants to come in. If you're not sure he's getting the hang of it, I'd take him out on the lead and when he wees outside, give him a really high value treat, like the Ian Dunbar book suggests. Seemed to work for us, we still get the odd accident but I think he prefers to be outside.

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »
I let my girl just run around, let's just say we practiced the "leave" command frequently   :005:

The vet at her first injection advised us that as fox's visit our garden to keep her close to the house, that way as fox's tend to avoid being too close to the house, she could not get infected by anything the fox may carry.

I remember actually wanting to vacuum my garden to get rid of anything that could harm her, I had checked all the fences at puppy level for holes etc,. I thought I had puppy proofed it but she showed me otherwise  >:( , best keep an eye on him to see what trouble he can find  >:D

Sorry I can't help with the kitchen issues, is he scared of anything in there do you think ?

Offline kaz60

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 08:35:54 PM »
I can't see anything that would scare him, if I'm in there he will either try and lie on my feet or settle in his bed, he gets very distressed when I leave the room but I am persisting with it as I don't want him to get separation anxiety. This is when he wees even though he has just been out. Do you think this is just due to him being so little? Will he grow out of it as he matures?

Karen

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 08:57:13 PM »
puppies  :luv: they wee when you leave them, they wee when excited, they wee when they need to, they wee when scared
I remember it well  :o
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 09:25:51 PM »
puppies  :luv: they wee when you leave them, they wee when excited, they wee when they need to, they wee when scared
I remember it well  :o
That's why they're known in Scotland as "Wee puppies"…….(Groan  :doh:)

Bob.