Author Topic: Hello! First post and need help! SOS!!!  (Read 2503 times)

Offline thedurbs

Re: Hello! First post and need help! SOS!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 07:04:03 PM »
Thank you all for your lovely messages.  Japser has spent most of the afternoon asleep and he is again now!.  I have removed the rug but I can't take him outside tonight because of the fireworks (do they ever end?!).

I am so please to have joined COL and all your advice really has been a great help.  I do hope we end up with a cuddle monster and that he is a good boy.  He gets enough love from us all that's for sure.  I will post pics soon.

Offline Neil

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 07:29:16 PM »
A month ago I was at my wits end, every evening was an endurance test (see thread here) but things have already eased a lot since then. Bobby is 18 weeks old now and has a much better understanding of the difference between rough play, including crazy time, with toys and quality cuddle time with his human stepdad. I think getting past the 2nd vaccination helped a lot, since then he gets a walk to the park for some off lead time everyday and this gives him a much needed outlet for his considerable energy.

Offline frater5

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 10:48:58 AM »
Hi

We are the enlightened owners of an 8 month old cocker .

When she first arrived we too were shocked and the thought " what have we done " crossed our mind on
several occasions .

We had staffys and a boxer in the past so though ourselves experienced doggy people and nothing I had read
about cockers explained the delights of cocker spaniel puppies.

They are very hard work and very bitey but it does improve , our madam is 8 months old now and hopefully over the worst.
She still can be testing but we are firm with her and hopefully things will continue to improve , the biting has stopped .

She is overall a lovely dog , affectionate , naughty and funny . I am assured they will grow up into wonderful companions.

So persevere and hang on in there .

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 11:24:17 AM »
This will make you all feel better - I have had two cockers, the first took around 6 months to be house trained, the current one, who is 15 MONTHS old, still wees and poos inside occasionally.  He is out many, many times a day and can toilet outside then a short time later just go inside without asking (he jangles my keys in the front door when he wants out).  He is a very headstrong, stubborn little  >:D and I have spent the equivalent of around 6+ hours a day over the past 13 months outside saying "wee" or "poo". 

Ironically, I can leave him alone for up to 4 hours and I come back to a clean house....  Go figure  :shades:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline **kookie**

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 05:21:45 AM »
Bailey did all the above too, but i did notice that when things got worse, it was because he was tired and fighting it, like kids do. He go from complete maniac to sleep in a fraction of a second, then wake up later all sweet and lovey dovey.
Kookie, Bailey & Dora x