Author Topic: First Puppy Class  (Read 746 times)

Offline Gill66

• Site Member
    • http://
First Puppy Class
« on: July 05, 2005, 10:34:34 PM »
Yep, its Rubens first puppy class tomorrow, i am actually looking forward to it. But i have warned him if he embarrasses me by biting my ankles in public he will be grounded from chasing our rabbit round the garden for a week, no late nights, and no treats!!! fingers crossed it will go well
SHANE.....WHAT A WINNER!!!![/font]

Offline John P

• Site Member
First Puppy Class
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 06:13:17 AM »
:) It's our first Puppy Class with Pebbles on Thursday - he's on similar warnings.

We're all going - it should be good fun

Let us know how you get on!
John, Jane, Tom and Katie

Offline Jo & Dennis

• Site Member
First Puppy Class
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 09:23:07 AM »
We have just finished our puppy foundation class with Holly, we passed and got a certificate and a rossette, very proud of her.

It was great had a good time and learnt a lot and I must say Holly is better for it. Think I will do the bronze with her in September.

Go and have fun - it will be a great learning curve for you both and you meet lots of other nice people and thier dogs too.
Holly's Mum & Dad

Offline Gill66

• Site Member
First Puppy Class
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 09:28:19 AM »
I will let you all know how we get on, apparently you get exercises to practice at home for the week as well, which should come in handy, he seems to love other dogs aswell, as he follows them at the park, i am looking forward to the training. He is being very good and quiet this morning, my little chat may have worked <_<

Offline Jo & Dennis

• Site Member
First Puppy Class
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 09:46:53 AM »
I will let you all know how we get on, apparently you get exercises to practice at home for the week as well, which should come in handy, he seems to love other dogs aswell, as he follows them at the park, i am looking forward to the training. He is being very good and quiet this morning, my little chat may have worked <_<
[snapback]135282[/snapback]
Don't hold your breath!!!!!!!!!
Holly's Mum & Dad

Offline flossysmum

• Limited Member
    • Abilou Cocker Spaniels
First Puppy Class
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 04:10:21 PM »
Good luck and just have fun :) I remember when we let flossy off the lead for the first time in there and she ended up running round the room holding a toy in her mouth and then she went to go and have a drink :P I were just standing in the middle of the room trying not to laugh, i think that she thought that she was the boss and showing off :)
xxx Love Abi, Flossy, Charlie, Amber, Bertha and Ginny xxx

Offline Annette

• Site Member
First Puppy Class
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 09:30:54 PM »
Hope it went really well.

Buddy's first class was a disaster. A very yappy Jack Russell scared him witless and he just stayed under the chair for the whole lesson. But the trainer was lovely and eventually won him over (totally!) with hot dog sausage. He would willingly sell his soul for the stuff!

The JRT didn't come back (it was an extra lesson for her as she was so scared herself - apparently she improved after that so stayed in her original class) and Buddy eventually loved the classes and all the off-lead romping with bigger pups.

John P came along to watch one evening just before they got Pebbles. Guess he knows what they are in for tomorrow night. Hope that goes well too!

Offline Gill66

• Site Member
First Puppy Class
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 09:23:59 AM »
Well, last night was the night!!! I really really enjoyed it and so did Ruben who was on his best behaviour, in fact he was the best behaved pup there, whenever the trainer was explaining something to us, he sat by my side as good as gold. he was the smallest there also, there was a German shepherd, a dalmation, a rotweiller, he was even smaller than the Jack Russell. The tips and tricks are fantastic i would def recommend puppy class to everyone, cant wait for next week!!!! :)

Offline issey

• Site Member
First Puppy Class
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 03:06:50 PM »
just a question where do you find out where puppy classes are held?

thanks
Karen x
love Karen xxxxxx and Issey xxxxxxxxxx

Offline Gill66

• Site Member
First Puppy Class
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 03:18:34 PM »
Most vets have notice boards which advertise them, if not ask at the vets, or do a search on line for your area. mine was recommended by a friend but was also advertised in the vets. It was well worth going to