Author Topic: Third Time Lucky for us?  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Third Time Lucky for us?
« on: March 25, 2016, 08:13:51 AM »
As Britney Spears once sang "Oops I did it again"  :005:

After nearly five months of thought and deliberation, we decided to take the plunge one last time.  Pup is 4 weeks old so we'll be bringing him home mid April time.  I am hoping and praying this one takes to toilet training a LOT easier than my last two   ph34r :shades:

As usual, we are in deep discussion about names (he's a choc roan and tan).  Currently on the list are - Monty/Jasper/Harvey/Rolo/
Sweep and Chester but other suggestions most welcome!!

Have dug my puppy books out (again), fortunately, I have everything to hand apart from a smaller crate from last time round. 

To avoid any problems, this time we are not going to let pup access to upstairs, meaning I'll have to get the hang of having him sleep in the kitchen.  My daughters are going to be responsible for feeding and doing some training and hubby will resume the grooming side of things.  I will also be making sure I leave him for short periods both when I'm in and out, to try and avoid separation issues.  Lesley x
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Re: Third Time Lucky for us?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 08:21:54 AM »
 :luv: Absolutely delighted for you!  I bet you will soon be counting the sleeps until you bring him home.
He looks like a Chester to me  ;)

I can't wait to hear more about his progress - especially the house training side.  Not to mention loads of photos please!
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 08:24:46 AM »
I'm really pleased for you and the pup looks adorable. I look forward to seeing lots of pics come April.

Offline shadow16

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 08:36:58 AM »
Hi. This is my first post on this forum - had to add to your thread as your pup is absolutely gorgeous,  :luv: and your pic reminds me of how mine looked when we first saw him, he was 5 weeks then and is now 11 weeks.

You have a shortlist of fabulous names! my personal favourite is Monty. Our pup  is Roscoe - DH liked sweep also, he said it would have been appropriate due to the puppy noises he makes, think sooty and sweep lol!!

I wish you all the best with toilet training, its the one thing I wish could be fast forwarded lol!!  >:(

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 08:54:55 AM »
I'm so pleased that you feel ready to,love this gorgeous little boy  :banana: :cool4: :dance04: :clapdance: :happydance:. And wish you all the best with him. As for names, we usually do,a,shortlist but don,t choose until we've had them for,a few days, and then you sort of know what will suit them.

Can't believe Dylan looked like that a few short months ago (sigh)

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 08:56:20 AM »
Ah Lesley he is lovely. Like all the names you have thought of too, a family PowWow me thinks. You could add Toby to your list.

Best of luck with your new puppy. I hope he brings you all, all the joy you can imagine.  :luv:

:bestwishes:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline tenaille

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 09:04:02 AM »
looks like a sweep to me  :luv:
Like you I am thinking of names at the moment, we have 3 more weeks to wait until we bring our new furbaby home

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 09:09:36 AM »
I'm a fan of Chester but then I had a Siamese cat with that name  ;)

Congratulations!  I know you've learned a huge amount from your last two pups and your new bundle of fur will be coming home to an experienced and knowledgable home  :D

My top bit of advice would be to agree with the whole family what the pups routine will be - when he sleeps during the day (with mine it's at least 2 hours in a morning and 2 in the afternoon) then stick to that routine.....including weekends and holidays until he' past that third teenage phase  ;) that way you all get a break and a lovely pup who won't get fractious from being over tired....

It's all very exciting - looking forward to reading and hearing more about your new addition

Jayne
X

Offline MrsOmalley

• Donator
  • Bella and Millie born 01/10/2012
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 09:29:08 AM »
A beautiful pupster.  I like the name Chester.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 09:58:43 AM »
I've got to be the odd one out of course and love Harvey!!, ;)
So pleased for you, he looks such a lovely little chap and I'm sure he'll be the perfect puppy!! :luv:.
- at least the weather's getting better now so the thought of standing out in the garden in your jimjams at 4 in the morning shouting "wee wee" isn't quite so daunting!!!
After previously sharing the bed with our previous dogs, we decided from day 1 that Humphrey stays downstairs in the kitchen to sleep and its the best decision, for us at least, that we made. Its his place if we need to leave him in the day, he's got his bed and bowls and is quite  happy and I don't have to worry about the rest of the house being ransacked!
Looking forward to seeing more pictures soon!

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 10:09:42 AM »
Congrats a lovely pup.  I would ditch the puppy books, relax and enjoy your puppy.

Best wishes,
Erica & Jessie.

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 10:49:14 AM »
He looks like a sweet Sweep to me  :luv:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 11:13:24 AM »
Thanks everyone  :luv:  He was making Sweep squeaks all the time we were there  :lol2:  His mum was the calmest, friendliest cocker I have ever met whilst indoors but the mad, wiggle bum cocker came out in the garden!  I'm hoping he will inherit these traits  :shades:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 12:15:13 PM »
Well done for taking the plunge again, I'm sure it will be third time lucky. He looks a real sweetheart, I'm sure he'll grow into whatever name you give him. I'm bet he's stolen your hearts already!! :luv:
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline Smckenry

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 12:20:56 PM »
Aww what a cutie! I like Chester and Rolo as names personally. Yes it'll be hard going for a bit but definitely worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk