Author Topic: Third Time Lucky for us?  (Read 4312 times)

Offline Ernies mum

Re: Third Time Lucky for us?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2016, 10:50:08 AM »
Ah he's beautiful , soooo pleased for you . Sounds like you're making all the right plans . I love the name Rolo . Once again a huge congratulations & big hugs from Ernie & I  :luv: :luv:

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »
I am beyond ecstatic for you and your family.  :banana: :banana: :bigarmhug: Well done for taking the plunge again. Rolo gets my vote. He's absolutely adorable.  :luv: :luv: I would imagine the hardest part for you will be not looking for problems and worrying too much that history might repeat itself.....again! I'm sure everything will be fine and you'll soon be able to relax and enjoy your new addition. Can't wait to follow his progress. xxx

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2016, 02:55:43 PM »
Thank you all  :luv:

You are so right, I am paranoid about repeating something which didn't work last time or issues we had but after seeing his mum and her fab nature, I'm really hopeful this time and I'll be posting elsewhere for strategies for dealing with sleeping downstairs and another way of dealing with the dreaded toilet training  :shades: ph34r
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2016, 04:45:27 PM »
He looks lovely  :luv: :luv:

Names are difficult, and we changed Jinelys for days before we decided.  We had to make up a name in the end because we couldnt agree.

Every name we decided on, we kept thinking of how it fits with calls / shouts etc.  Her KC name is Orinoco Flo, but tried "Oh no Flo" / "come flo" (sounds like "go") and decided it all sounded confusing.

The name will come after a few days and you will find one will stick.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2016, 05:49:35 PM »
Heaps of good luck to you, any name is good, he will be loved.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline rubybella

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2016, 05:54:02 PM »
You have been really unlucky with your previous dogs, but you must put that to the back of your mind.

I really think you need relax and enjoy your new puppy. Don't stress or over analyse things. Don't panic and assume that the same things will happen again.

Remember that all our dogs have little quirks which don't make them perfect! Rules, boundaries etc are really important but don't live your life by them. Don't confuse yourself by reading every dog training manual that was ever written, just decide what is important to you. I want happy, friendly but not over friendly, biddable, well behaved, fun and loving dogs. However, both my dogs have sensitive natures, can growl/bark when they feel uncomfortable about something, can be unsettled easily and want to be with be us most of the time! But I don't worry about these things, it's just the way they are. If I was to worry about every little thing I wouldn't be able to enjoy them and bond with them.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2016, 07:21:41 PM »
what a gorgeous boy  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »
I've only re-read my Perfect Puppy book and one training book but just wanted to be clear on a method from the beginning especially about toilet training and downstairs sleeping.

I do admit to not liking the puppy phase due to past experiences, but this pup represents a new start for us all and we will go into it with a clean slate.  It's not as if it's my first time so I shan't be worrying about if I can do it or not.  I can and will  :lol2:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline Ernies mum

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 08:10:43 AM »
Ah yes but despite all the hard work of a puppy , you can't beat puppy cuddles & how utterly adorable they are  :luv: :luv:

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 10:02:10 AM »
I am so pleased for you, he is absolutely gorgeous  :luv: :luv:
Some great advice from rubybella ;)
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »
the 3rd time's the charm!
I wish you all good wishes for this sweet lad (Sweet Sweep?) :luv:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2016, 11:45:43 AM »
Lesley

Many congrats.....love all the names, I am so delighted that you have decided on another cocker spaniel, I kept stum at the idea of a different breed.  I think you have to get you head round that this is a new little fellow and but the future and not the past on your horizon. :luv:

Just enjoy.  He looks a special little guy.

Best wishes

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 11:58:58 AM »
Awwww what a sweetie  :luv: Congratulations!! Really happy for you and I'm sure he'll grow into a top little chap  :luv:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 12:47:44 PM »
Thanks  :D  Still deliberating the name......  :lol2:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2016, 02:10:01 PM »
Well our latest addition was going to be Steve or John but came ready made with Rodney, you can have either of those, but they're not to everyone's taste lol

Good luck choosing  :luv: :luv:

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x