Author Topic: Guilty Mummy!!  (Read 884 times)

Offline Ebony

• Site Member
  • Our darling girl who left us on 28.2.2016
Guilty Mummy!!
« on: July 10, 2016, 07:14:37 PM »
I feel so guilty - Treacle has been in her car travel crate in the car on the back seat a few times since we bought her home (just over 3 weeks now) - she's now 12 weeks and she has been fine. So today as I had my grandchildren in the car I transferred her crate to the rear of the car and she cried a bit but then went quiet. We duly dropped the grandchildren off and she cried a bit again but then went quiet (which she has done previously on a car journey when she was on the back seat) and when I got her home she had come vomited and pooed - I feel so guilty! I think it must be my fault as I fed her 45 minutes before we left home. I have given her some more food now and she seems fine - just tired. Note to self - maybe never feed her too close to travelling??

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Guilty Mummy!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 07:31:36 PM »
Don't beat yourself up - I can remember grumbling at Humphrey once because he was pestering me and he'd needed to go out! I felt terrible at the time but it was all soon forgotton.
If we're travelling, I do try not to feed him immediately beforehand but if it can't be avoided, (we recently had to set off at 6 am and it was a 12 hour drive) than rather than let him travel hungry, I just give him a very small portion and then top him up along the way.
But you can't always plan ahead, these things happen, I'm sure she's forgiven you!!  ;)

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 07:39:26 PM »
Lesson learned, don't worry  ;)  I don't feed Daisy too close to travelling time, and she is a seasoned pro  :005: 

Offline MrsOmalley

• Donator
  • Bella and Millie born 01/10/2012
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 07:19:59 PM »
I must be so lucky with Bella and Millie, they have been excellent travellers since puppyhood.