Cocker Activities > Working

Collapsing/fatigue Spaniels in the field

<< < (2/2)

elaine.e:

--- Quote from: Pearly on August 05, 2019, 07:35:45 AM ---We carry pieces of fudge (have to check there’s no palm oil on the ingredient list) and feed small amounts throughout the day.
--- End quote ---

Sorry, off topic, but why the concern about a little bit of processed palm oil Pearly? Palm oil is in many foods and other products for domestic use and often isn't even identifiable as it may be described as vegetable oil.

The lumps of it washed up on beaches will have been used in some kind of cleaning process for ship engines while at sea and are often contaminated with diesel and other pollutants or toxins. That's the stuff that's dangerous to dogs. But the smaller, processed amounts found in many foods aren't harmful in the quantities that humans and pets eat it.

I prefer to avoid it if I can because of the destruction of natural forests, orang utan habitat etc. But TBH I'm not always sure that some of the alternatives are environmentally sound either. It's a minefield.

Helen:
Kronch Pemmican and the good ol' standby of a mars bar (or moro if you're in NZ!)

Whereabouts are you in NZ? 

redmond.simonuk:
I carry a couple tubes of this in my bag when working my two.... I've never needed it for mine but has saved a friends little cocker... brings them round really quickly.  Always get them checked out by a vet post.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glucogel-Triple-Pack/dp/B0034LSY32/ref=sr_1_6?crid=206PZBRHURS2E&dchild=1&keywords=glucogel&qid=1616935315&sprefix=glocoge%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-6

Mine always get some Kronch Pemmican at lunchtime, sometimes some tripe too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version