Cocker Specific Discussion > Behaviour & Training

Walks are stressing me out!

<< < (5/5)

rubyduby:
Sometimes a quick burn out helps, let the dog have a good run around , and then try to train them when they are less exuberant, I know your pain I have had 7 Cockers over 45 years and still have one that pulls, they just want to explore and sniff, what they are bred for....

russ-g:

--- Quote from: rubyduby on April 16, 2023, 10:37:57 AM ---Sometimes a quick burn out helps, let the dog have a good run around , and then try to train them when they are less exuberant, I know your pain I have had 7 Cockers over 45 years and still have one that pulls, they just want to explore and sniff, what they are bred for....

--- End quote ---

Good advice. Stanley always walks better on the lead on the way back when he's less excited and has had a good run around.

He's 10 months now and walks are still a daily battle. I try not to expect too much and try to stay relaxed, which works sometimes! Other times I want to swing him around my head ;).

bizzylizzy:
]Other times I want to swing him around my head

:happydance: :happydance: Wheeeee! Do it again Dad, do it again.....!! :lol2: :lol2:

Jaysmumagain:
ssshh  we have a wonderful enclosed dog play area, it has benches to sit and a really secure gate.  Directions and whereabout are a secret :005:

We were told about it while out walking and went to take a look....Harry has a typical cocker mad half hour and it is just safe and secure for an off lead bonkers 30 mins or so.  Fully funded and maintained in the country park by the council.

By the time I set back to car park I have one slightly jaded Harry....gets home has a long drink then starts of the  Harry Hooligan trickster :luv:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version