Author Topic: Litter Sizes  (Read 7816 times)

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
Litter Sizes
« on: October 10, 2005, 08:12:37 PM »
I am amember of a working spaniel forum aswell as this one and recently they had a thread running on springer litter size. a man wondered if 13 was a big litter.

I set the tounges wagging when I said that my working cocker Zac came  from a litter of 14 and my second cocker Sophie came from  13 and my newest little Floss was one of 10. Some were amazed at the large sizes of  the litters and even suggested Zac maybe a 'sprocker' but I have got all of his papers confirming he is a cocker and saw the parents.
They said bitch called Zelda of  Cadbol was known th throw large litters she appeared on Sophies pedigree but not Zac's.

They are all from different breeders but do have a lot of similar breeding lines. It mist be 'something in the water' in County Durham.
what do you all think
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
Litter Sizes
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 08:38:02 PM »
I am amember of a working spaniel forum aswell as this one and recently they had a thread running on springer litter size. a man wondered if 13 was a big litter.

I set the tounges wagging when I said that my working cocker Zac came  from a litter of 14 and my second cocker Sophie came from  13 and my newest little Floss was one of 10. Some were amazed at the large sizes of  the litters and even suggested Zac maybe a 'sprocker' but I have got all of his papers confirming he is a cocker and saw the parents.
They said bitch called Zelda of  Cadbol was known th throw large litters she appeared on Sophies pedigree but not Zac's.

They are all from different breeders but do have a lot of similar breeding lines. It mist be 'something in the water' in County Durham.
what do you all think
[snapback]151130[/snapback]
Ooo - didn't know there was a working spaniel forum!  I'll have to have a look - could you let me know the web address?  As for litter sizes, Ben was one of 7 which in my innocence, thought was big :-)  There are a couple of cocker pups at puppy romp that came from much larger litters and they are really small.  The 8 week old pup I saw last week was a similar size and development as Ben was at 5 weeks.  Does the litter size dictate their growth and final size?

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
Litter Sizes
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 08:40:52 PM »
I don't know about size as I haven't done any breeding. Sophie was  small but Zac is big so I don't really know perhaps some of the breeders on here will enlighten us.
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline Katina

• Site Member
    • Kennel Pretty Flower's
Litter Sizes
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 08:56:40 PM »
I've had two litters so far. My other bitch had 9 puppies ( 3 males, 6 girls) and the other 3(all males). My bitches are related to each other. I used the same sire in both litters.

So go and figure  :D  ( personally I think that the mating date was a bit wrong for the one that only had 3..)
There's only one, -but that one is a lion

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
Litter Sizes
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 09:06:04 PM »
Hi Nic, Both mine have Zelda of Cadbol on their pedigrees, but Mikey is from a litter of 5 and Herbie from a litter of 6.

Have had a look at your webpage and your dogs are lovely.  I'll dig out the pedigree's for my two as they have a lot of similar names in them as yours.
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Litter Sizes
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 12:06:49 AM »
Buttons is from a litter of 10 and has just had her her first litter of 6 (all sold) an average number, her litter sister was mated to the same dog and produced litters of 8 & 9 and also produced a different colour.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Litter Sizes
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 12:11:31 AM »
We've had litters of 6, 7 and the most was 8

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Litter Sizes
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 12:29:25 AM »
 ;)
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline tterrii

• Site Member
Litter Sizes
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 08:05:27 AM »
hi i've just had a litter of 7 (all sold), ( 6 males & 1 bitch ). and my girl came from a litter of 8. ( so average size ) :D

Offline Lynne1

• Site Member
Litter Sizes
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 08:32:35 AM »
debbie321
The working spaniel site could be itsaspringerthing

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Litter Sizes
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 06:24:27 PM »