Author Topic: Mikey Screams Like A Girl  (Read 930 times)

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
Mikey Screams Like A Girl
« on: October 16, 2005, 09:37:53 PM »
Mikey is now 5 months and he barks like a screaming girl :lol:

One of my mums retrievers was neutered at an early age and he barks like this, he doesn't cock his leg either and he's nearly 4 so I don't think he's gonna start.

Is Mikey's age the fact that he has this high pitched bark?  He's a butch looking little dog and it just doesn't suit him, will this stop as he gets older or is he destined to be "the only gay in the village" :huh:  :P
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 10:07:23 PM »
:lol:

Aw, bless him!!

Funny you should say about this, cos hubby & I were only commenting yesterday about how Max's girly, weedy little bark has suddenly changed into more of a proper  'big-boy'  bark this past week!!!! (He's also 5 mths old & a really solid looking bruiser!) Maybe his wotsits have dropped?!

I reckon it won't be long before Mikey finds his adult voice & then you'll be wanting his 'woosy' one back again!

We've already had several demonstrations today of Max's new-found vocal talents - including a 'funny 5 minutes' in the garden before dinner tonight when he stood barking at a bush that's been there forever & then just now when I was in the bath & wouldn't let him get in with me - he stood up at the side of the bath on his hind legs, paws inches from my head, woofing in my ear!! Swine!! (He then sat on the bathmat & cried pathetically while I got out & drained the bath without letting him get in!!)

Life's never dull with a cocker eh?!

:P

from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 10:07:38 PM »
Rotflmao

I wouldnt be worrying just yet, hes a pup and hasnt reached maturity yet. You should notice a difference at around 8 or 9 months when he starts to hit his teens.

Delaying neutering till he is matured is a good idea as this will give time for the hormones to do their business. Alfie cocked at 7 months, my last boy was 12 months before he got the hang of it
Caroline and Alfie

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 10:08:03 PM »
I think he has time for  his voice to break yet!!!!
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 10:27:25 PM »
It's funny - he was playing with Herbie earlier and started screaming, not in a dog/puppy like way - but in a girl/human type way :P

Must get it on video before his voice breaks.
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 09:08:13 AM »
:lol:

Had a good giggle at this, but only because I can totally relate to it.  Brodie is 'The Only Gay in Our Village'  :lol: .  He sounds like a camp werewolf normally, he doesn't cock his leg, is a real mummys boy, is only 'interested' in entire male dogs  :ph34r: , and his 'bits' haven't dropped (and aren't likely to) - he's 14 months old now.  And do you know what?  I wouldn't change the way he is for the world - he's so gorgeous, comical and soooo loving - I love it :lol: .  I'll try and get a sound clip of him barking.  Occasionally he does surprise himself with a proper bark which sounds like it comes from his boots, it's so manly, but he soon reverts back to normal - bless!
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 09:16:12 AM »
Mikey is now 5 months and he barks like a screaming girl :lol:

One of my mums retrievers was neutered at an early age and he barks like this, he doesn't cock his leg either and he's nearly 4 so I don't think he's gonna start.

Is Mikey's age the fact that he has this high pitched bark?  He's a butch looking little dog and it just doesn't suit him, will this stop as he gets older or is he destined to be "the only gay in the village" :huh:  :P
[snapback]152503[/snapback]

:lol: ooh miche he sounds like my 19 mnth grandson :lol:

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 11:12:04 PM »
I don't think neutering at 6 mos had any effect on Bailey's barking...he has a normal, regular sounding bark, not girlie or anything.  Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me and I think I hear him barking when nothing is going on!  My hubby thinks I'm nuts  :P
Bailey and Mom