Author Topic: Puppy Coat? When Will She Be A Fluff Ball?  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
Puppy Coat? When Will She Be A Fluff Ball?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 10:03:23 AM »
My Bailey looked exactly the same as Willow did when he was that young.  Apart from his ears, he looked like a golden lab puppy  :blink:

Now he has to go to the groomers every 8 weeks just to look neat and tidy!!!  ;)
[snapback]152353[/snapback]

Phew, thanks for that. I know what you mean about looking like a Lab. I will wait with anticipation.
[snapback]152361[/snapback]

I looked out an old photo for you of Bailey as a pup.  As you can see, he didnt have the long flowing locks either.  But it soon comes in.  :blink:

Bailey - about 14-16 weeks.

Bailey now

:D  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Gini

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 10:12:31 AM »
Thanks for the photos. What a sweety pie. I can stop worrying now and just BE PATIENT. Although it's propably quite good that I'm not desperate for her to stay a puppy.

Offline tilly

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 11:59:19 AM »
I have a 15 week working cocker and I am waiting for her to turn ino a fluff ball, but when reading other topics on this web site I didn't realize the huge difference between working and showing cockers.

Will my working cocker turn into a fluff ball or will she be completely different all together.  I will love her all the same, only it would be interesting to know?

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 01:22:53 PM »
paddy is a show/worker puppy.he has a thick short glossy coat he is 20 wks today.his ears are fairly long but not quite show cocker long.his feathering is starting to thicken out now and he is developing a short skirt.the fur on his back has ripples in it now so don't know if that means it's getting longer and finally he has a tufty head!he is so handsome.though when i bought him i didn't realise he had working dog in him and felt a little disapointed he wasn't going to develop the gorgeous show coat i had dreamt of.thinking about it his ears seem different every time i look at him sometimes they seem to be sitting higher than other times and if he is begging for something he can drop them so low they look like they may touch the floor. :rolleyes:i honestly wouldn't change him for a million pounds even though he can sometimes drive me insane i love the little fella to bits. :)

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2005, 01:41:36 PM »
 :wub:
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline tilly

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005, 02:30:04 PM »
paddy is a show/worker puppy.he has a thick short glossy coat he is 20 wks today.his ears are fairly long but not quite show cocker long.his feathering is starting to thicken out now and he is developing a short skirt.the fur on his back has ripples in it now so don't know if that means it's getting longer and finally he has a tufty head!he is so handsome.though when i bought him i didn't realise he had working dog in him and felt a little disapointed he wasn't going to develop the gorgeous show coat i had dreamt of.thinking about it his ears seem different every time i look at him sometimes they seem to be sitting higher than other times and if he is begging for something he can drop them so low they look like they may touch the floor. :rolleyes:i honestly wouldn't change him for a million pounds even though he can sometimes drive me insane i love the little fella to bits. :)
[snapback]152921[/snapback]

Offline sarahb2206

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 02:32:25 PM »
:blink:   Bramble is now 9 months old ( :o )   and has an "Affro"!!!!!!!   She's a solid black.  The lady who grooms her just couldn't believe it when she saw her last and we get a full carrier bag of fluff everytime she has a hair cut, which is now 8 weeks....  she still has 2 to go, but already needs another major strim!!!!!  Her puppy fluff is starting to come out, but there is just soooooooooooooooo much of it!!!!!  I sometimes think she'll never have that beautiful, glossy flowing coat....  
Her legs are unreal too - the hair is sooooo thick all the way round, and soooooo long, her legs join together in the middle!!!!  And she also has that "chimney sweep brush" effect at the end of her tail!!  :lol:

She started off really shiny and glossy - I can't remember when she grew her fluff - it really did seem like one day, we came downstairs and it was there!!!!  Makes her look really fat too!!
Sarah and Bramble XX

Offline tilly

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2005, 02:33:01 PM »
I felt exactly the same way, when we got her although I knew she was a working cocker I didn't realize how different they would be, and I felt disapointed as I have an image in my head of how she would be

But like you said even with all that, I would change her for the world, she is perfect the way she is, fluff or no fluff