Author Topic: I'm New To All This, But Cocker Mad!  (Read 7339 times)

Offline denisec

• Site Member
I'm New To All This, But Cocker Mad!
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 09:03:59 PM »
Hi Lisa and welcome to col  :D

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 09:11:58 PM »
Hi Terri! I am addicted to this site already! I have no children to tell me off for being online, but my husband to be may do a runner the amount of time I've been on here already!!!! Still he's probably quite pleased I'm not bending his ear about our dogs for a change! Holly looks lovely...ahhhh!!!! I'm having trouble uploading any pictures of my two but then I'm prob not doing it properly!!! :unsure:

Hi Lisa I'm a newbie too. I'm cocker crazy too and cannot imagine life without Holly - she is 15 months old.

I must be crazy as she hurt her leg at the park yesterday and I ended up carrying her about a mile to get home. Glad to say she is on the mend now.

You will find this site addictive - my son complains that he cannot get on the internet because of me now!

Terri & Holly
[snapback]155039[/snapback]

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 09:13:23 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, everyone here is very friendly, it's great! I've never been on a site like this before, but I'm loving it!! :P

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 10:17:51 PM »
:D Hiya and welcome to the crazy world of cockerspaniels. I have a golden boy called Bailey who is 22 months old and i adore him ( and doesn;t he just know how to work on that!!!!!) ha ha ha would'nt be without him. Hope you enjoy the site, its very addictive. :P
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 10:44:23 PM »
I'm addicted already!! Everyone is so friendly as well! It's great to be in touch with so many cocker lovers! My little munchkins are fast asleep on the floor at the!!! Hard work being a dog!!! My next cocker is defo going to be called Rielly, because they defo have the life of Rielly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lisa aka silk stocking!

:D Hiya and welcome to the crazy world of cockerspaniels. I have a golden boy called Bailey who is 22 months old and i adore him ( and doesn;t he just know how to work on that!!!!!) ha ha ha would'nt be without him. Hope you enjoy the site, its very addictive. :P
[snapback]155070[/snapback]

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 10:47:09 PM »
Thank you I feel very welcome! I love being on this site, my internet bill is going to be huuuuge!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 11:00:15 PM »
:D Hi Lisa

Welcome to COL :D   Lovely to have you here, i'm mum to Indie blue roan who is 2 1/2 I hope next year (fingers crossed) to be having another :P  

Looking forward to seeing your babies and chatting with you  :D

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 11:40:01 PM »
Hi Emma!

Have been trying to upload some pics for you all to see (some old ones direct from my pc) but for some reason it wont work! I will keep trying! I defo recommend having two dogs!! Don't listen to me though I'd fill the house with them if only I could!!!! :D Anyway great to hear from you! I've hardy been offline all night, I'm addicted to this site already, still it saves me spending money on shoes!!!!!!!! :P

:D Hi Lisa

Welcome to COL :D   Lovely to have you here, i'm mum to Indie blue roan who is 2 1/2 I hope next year (fingers crossed) to be having another :P   

Looking forward to seeing your babies and chatting with you  :D
[snapback]155089[/snapback]

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 04:34:56 PM »
Hi Silkstocking,  I'm just having a nosey about your name:- my golden girlie's KC name is Silk Slipper, is one of your munchkins by any chance a Silk Stocking?
 :P
Rachel, Sophie, Billy, Ted, Bonnie & Sammy xxxx

Offline isla

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 04:42:14 PM »
Hello and welcome.

I have a six month old hairy monster called Jem. This is her at about 3 months ish!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/jemsmum/jem2.jpg

Hope that works not very wise with technology!!

She is fantastic and a real joy to have around. She is my first cocker since I left home although there have been numerous others over the years. Would love another when she is a bit older. Only one thing better than a cocker... two, or three....!!!  :)

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 04:44:30 PM »
hi :)
welcome 2 col

i have 8 dogs 4 blue roan cockers sophie harvey miffy an jazz (all blue roans) and 4 golden ret they are all show dogs

you can see most of my gang on the link below :)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 05:03:52 PM »
Hi, yep my bitch (nancy) goes by the name of silk stocking for KC purposes!! Her dad was lady killer so all the pups in her litter got related names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Given that she has such a name you'd imagine her to be quite demuire.......well she is to look at but she is an absolute scallywag if truth be told, she's wrestling with my other dog on the floor at the moment!

Hi Silkstocking,  I'm just having a nosey about your name:- my golden girlie's KC name is Silk Slipper, is one of your munchkins by any chance a Silk Stocking?
 :P
[snapback]155177[/snapback]

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 05:11:19 PM »
Wow Sarah thats a lot of dogs!!!!!! Actually I'd be in my element if I was you, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned!! I would love to get more in future and am looking to show and breed too, I know it isn't all fun and that is hard work, I've spent quite a lot of time with my dogs breeder (she grooms them) chatting to her about it and she thinks i'd be really good at it, she says I am aware of the all the hard work which some people who start breeding and showing take for granted. I'm lucky to have got my dogs from her she is always full of great advice and says it how it is!!! Anyway that's my plan for the future, for now I'll have to keep teaching and earn plenty of money to pay for all the dogs I wont and get a bigger house!!! :D  I'm so glad I found this sit it's fab!! Lisa x

hi :)
welcome 2 col

i have 8 dogs 4 blue roan cockers sophie harvey miffy an jazz (all blue roans) and 4 golden ret they are all show dogs

you can see most of my gang on the link below :)
[snapback]155182[/snapback]

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 05:15:49 PM »
Hi there thanks for the welcome!

I can safely say one cocker is not enough!!!!! I have two now, but hope to get more and more and more and..............you get the gist!!!!

I got Nancy when Milo was about 8 months and although people said oh he's still quite young, isn't it going to be too much work I actually have found that having two is easier by far.........which means having 5 or 6 will be a dodule!!!!!!

Lisa xx aka silkstocking!

Hello and welcome.

I have a six month old hairy monster called Jem. This is her at about 3 months ish!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/jemsmum/jem2.jpg

Hope that works not very wise with technology!!

She is fantastic and a real joy to have around. She is my first cocker since I left home although there have been numerous others over the years. Would love another when she is a bit older. Only one thing better than a cocker... two, or three....!!!  :)
[snapback]155179[/snapback]

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2005, 05:16:59 PM »
Welcome to COL, can't wait to see pics. I have two cocker boys, Indie and Hamish, an orange roan and a golden. :)
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)