Author Topic: To Say Hello!  (Read 5957 times)

Offline Casey

• Site Member
    • http://
To Say Hello!
« on: January 04, 2006, 07:35:09 PM »
Hello, I would just like to say hello and introduce myself if that is ok?  My name is Casey and I am from Lincolnshire.  I own a 2 year old Tri-coloured Cocker Spaniel bitch called Trixie with an absolutely adorable temperament.
I would really love to take an active part in this board as I love chatting with people who have similar interests - I consider myself a real people (and animal of course! lol) person.
I do have to admit that to come in here has take enormous courage as I have recently been a part of another forum where I became the victim of on-line bullying, an experience I am very frightened may happen again which I do not think I could take as it upset me greatly  :( .
Although scared, I would love to 'meet' all of you and get to know you and your doggies of course.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.  :D

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
To Say Hello!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 07:37:26 PM »
Hi casey, welcome to COL. Everyone is fab here and really friendly so i am sure you will enjoy chatting like we do!!

I have Bailey a 4 and a half month old working cocker.

Can we see some pictures soon!! :D
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
To Say Hello!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 07:40:23 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

Im sure you will enjoy the forum  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Casey

• Site Member
To Say Hello!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 07:46:38 PM »
Oh wow!  welcomes already - huge thanks!  :D

Mich, may I ask you - is there a difference between Cockers and Working Cockers?  Please excuse my ignorance! lol

Of course I will familiarise myself with how to work my way around the board and then will try to post some pics, I warn you though, she's no beauty queen!! lol (except of course to me and the rest of her family).

Casey

x x

Offline sarah jane

• Site Member
To Say Hello!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 07:50:14 PM »
:D Hi Casey i'm new to COL too i'v found the people very friendly :) i have ebony blackn'tan 2 1/2yrs  max blackn'tan 2yrs & little jazzie tri 14 months :)
Winnie clumber spaniel/ Jasmine,Talula,Eric,Enya cocker spaniels

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
To Say Hello!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 07:52:29 PM »
Oh wow!  welcomes already - huge thanks!  :D

Mich, may I ask you - is there a difference between Cockers and Working Cockers?  Please excuse my ignorance! lol

Of course I will familiarise myself with how to work my way around the board and then will try to post some pics, I warn you though, she's no beauty queen!! lol (except of course to me and the rest of her family).

Casey

x x
[snapback]172254[/snapback]

Yes there is!!!  Working cockers tend to have a shorter coat and higher set ears.  Often they can have longer legs too.  Some say that working cockers are more lively, although I know many owners of show cockers that would tell you this is not true!! :lol:

If you do a search of the forum then you with find lots of posts explaining more about the differences.
You can see a picture of my boy in the photo gallery under 'the others'.
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
To Say Hello!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 07:58:48 PM »
Hiya cassie  :D !

Welcome 2 col :)

We show our dogs we have 4 golden rets and 4 cocker spaniels  :) and they all keep us very busy :)

Offline flossysmum

• Limited Member
    • Abilou Cocker Spaniels
To Say Hello!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 08:02:06 PM »
hi casey and welcome to COL :D

Hope you enjoy the forum, everyone is really nice :)

I have 3 cockers called flossy, sophie and charlie, 2 blue roans and a blue roan and tan :D
xxx Love Abi, Flossy, Charlie, Amber, Bertha and Ginny xxx

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
To Say Hello!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 08:02:09 PM »
Hi Casey and Trixie  :D ..so very sorry to hear of your awful experience of another forum  :(

..you will be fine on here, everyone is really nice and friendly...we just all love our dogs to bits and love talking about them  :D ...Looking forward to seeing Trixie and chatting with you  ;)
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline Annette

• Site Member
To Say Hello!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 08:04:03 PM »
Hi Casey

Welcome to COL. I don't think you'll find any bullying here. It's a great community.

We have Buddy, a blue roan. 12 months old now. He's 1/4 working cocker, and apparently his ears are set fine, but he is much longer in the body than the show types. He's gorgeous though, and in my very inexperienced eyes, he seems to be among the more laid back (that might be the show side coming through!?!)

Anyway, enjoy COL. :P

Offline Casey

• Site Member
To Say Hello!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 08:06:03 PM »
:D Oh sarah25!  I have just been laughing my head off as I just ADORE your avatar and my little 4 year old boy has just yelled - 'look Mummy!  Paul O'Grady's dog!'.  So funny.

Thank you for that Mich, the only reason I ask is that I only got my Cocker at 11 months old - she was bred with Working Cockers and I have always thought that she doesn't quite have the typical look I associate with the Cocker Spaniel - she seems to be a bit longer, with like you say higher set ears which doesn't give her so much of the domed head appearance - you may well have explained this for me.  By the way, Bailey is simply gorgeous!  :D

Offline Casey

• Site Member
To Say Hello!
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 08:09:14 PM »
Wow!

Even since my last reply there have been yet more welcomes to a big thank you to all of you too!  Looking at the little piccies I am seeing, you all have some very adorable doggies!

:D  :D  :D

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
To Say Hello!
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 08:11:49 PM »
Hello Casey and Trixie,

There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and no question is to daft to ask, if you aren't sure of something there's always someone willing to explain  :D .

Enjoy your time here.
Cayley.

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
To Say Hello!
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 08:14:14 PM »
Hi Casey :D

So sorry to hear of your bad experience :(   But glad you were brave enough to join us!  I'm Emma and have a blue roan girlie called Indie who will be 3 in April :)   Really looking forward to getting to know you B)

Emma x

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
To Say Hello!
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 08:16:35 PM »
:D Oh sarah25!  I have just been laughing my head off as I just ADORE your avatar and my little 4 year old boy has just yelled - 'look Mummy!  Paul O'Grady's dog!'.  So funny.

[snapback]172270[/snapback]

Awwww bless