Author Topic: Should I Be Worried?  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 06:54:18 PM »
On the same subject, when do they reach full weight/size? Fred is about 4 1/2 months old and weighs over 10kg so I was wondering how big he might grow.

He still looks quite small but day by day he is increasingly able to reach the kitchen work surfaces when standing on his back legs!!
[snapback]172117[/snapback]

Ha ha, I know what you mean!!!! I would like to know the answer to this too!
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 07:18:39 PM »
Pepsi is 11 months and hasn't put on any more weight (11.5 kgs) in the last 3 months. She was heavier than Woody even at 10 weeks. She was 4.5kgs and Woody is 2.9 kgs.

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 07:21:18 PM »
they certainly do come in all sizes my Zac is huge I think he is a lab in disguise but my little floss is tiny at 5mths old.

Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 07:37:43 PM »
Mikey is 16 kilo's and he is nearly 8 months old.  Herbie is nearly 6 months old and is 12 kilo's.  Herbie looks tiny though, he looks really petite up to Mikey.  Mikey is not fat but all muscle, Herbie is getting a fat bottom I've noticed :P
[snapback]171887[/snapback]

Are they working cockers too?
[snapback]171892[/snapback]

Yes Mich, Mikey is a working cocker and Herbie is worker x show.  Everything about Mikey is chunky - I love him to bits but he's so heavy :P
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 08:30:01 PM »
Rachel, don't worry atall, Indie is almost 3 and is mistaken ALL the time for a puppy she is very petite, both weight and height and build, shes a dainty little cocker!  You still have time for your little guy to grow and fill out and if hes happy and healthy, I don't think you should worry too much :)

Offline amanda

• Site Member
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2006, 08:39:49 PM »
As I recall, our Indie was about 5 kilograms at 17 weeks old. He's just under 13 kilograms now and perfect :wub:

Maybe you got a pocket cocker :P  :ph34r:
Amanda, Indie and Zephie

Offline Rachel B

• Site Member
  • Look at me!!!!
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2006, 09:54:39 AM »
Maybe you got a pocket cocker :P  :ph34r:
[snapback]172311[/snapback]

Hee hee hee :D :D :D - I will tell him that when I get home ;)
Rachel & James and a waggly tail from Mr Barningham

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2006, 06:55:13 PM »
this is a seriously good topic :P   In the last couple of weeks I have been qetting slightly paranoid about Bens size - he is a jumbo cocker very tall and stocky and someone made the comment that he is too big to be a 'proper' cocker.  He only weighes 14.5kg but is about 17in tall at the shoulder and looks enormous and chunky compared to other cockers!!

My new years resolution is to get the hang of putting pics on here so I can ask what you all think.

reading all the other replies has made me realise I'm not hte only one who worries!

Ben's mum

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2006, 07:06:59 PM »
Indie is 13.5 inches :)   But she is well below the breed standard I think :)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2006, 06:51:26 PM »
Hi ya  Rachel,

Don't fret Milo was a heavier when he was younger and by the time he got to 14 months, he was as trim as anything, too trim actually, now is a nice weight for his height.

I know Barney's dad was exactly like Milo weight wise, heavier then trim and is now a perfect weight, so don't worry, its in his genes :lol: !!  Actually Milo and Chucky are quite similar all round although Milo is a taller dog than Barneys dad. :) (Chucky)

Lisa xxxxx

Offline Gini

• Site Member
    • http://
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2006, 07:07:12 PM »
Willow has stuck at 9kg for the last 2 months. She reached that weight at 5 months and is now 7 months. Surely she hasn't stopped growing?

She's still on the puppy amounts of food, daren't reduce it to the adult amount, she might waste away. She's quite lanky and skinny.

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Should I Be Worried?
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 12:21:37 PM »
this is a seriously good topic :P   In the last couple of weeks I have been qetting slightly paranoid about Bens size - he is a jumbo cocker very tall and stocky and someone made the comment that he is too big to be a 'proper' cocker.  He only weighes 14.5kg but is about 17in tall at the shoulder and looks enormous and chunky compared to other cockers!!

My new years resolution is to get the hang of putting pics on here so I can ask what you all think.

reading all the other replies has made me realise I'm not hte only one who worries!

Ben's mum
[snapback]172622[/snapback]

They really do come in all shapes and sizes.  Bailey stands at almost 18" at the shoulder and he is truly all "proper cocker"  :lol:  only he comes in a bigger package  B) At 16kgs recently I had to increase his food intake as I could feel his ribs far too easily - he must be a good 17kgs+ again now and a wonderful size for him.  Not sure of his proper weight as I use touch instead of scales.  

Yep Bailey is my heffalump - made for cuddling :wub:
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09