Author Topic: Dry Food Again  (Read 1227 times)

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
Dry Food Again
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:21:18 PM »
I'm feeding Nutro Choice to Paddy, and its feeding charts break down by "weight points" and by age ranges.

He turned 12 weeks last Wednesday and moved (according to the Nutro pack) into the "12 to 16 week" age category on the chart.  He weighs (as of Saturday morning) 5.9kg.

At 11 weeks and 5kg, the Nutro pack said he should be getting 240grams per day (I'm feeding four meals still).

At 12 weeks and 5.9kg, the Nutro pack says he should be getting 160 grams per day.

I appreciate that they go through growth spurts (9 to 11 weeks was astonishing - I could see daily changes when I left him for the day to go to work) and that's definitely slowed, but it seems savage to cut back his intake so drastically.  He's not eating 240 grams at the moment, probably only around 210 to 220, and he's not a greedy guts either.  Usually leaves something in his bowl, doesn't beg for our food or mither us about snacks etc.

So: do I trust Nutro and cut him back (and wait to see if he starts whining cos he's hungry - yikes!) or do I stick with around the 220 grams he's currently eating?

Beyond the "growth spurt" theory, anyone got any other explanations for this radically lower feeding recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

Denise