Author Topic: Will He Remember Me?!  (Read 636 times)

Offline allym

• Site Member
  • Grrrrrrrrr!
Will He Remember Me?!
« on: February 08, 2006, 09:36:37 PM »
I'm off on holiday for a week of skiing on Saturday and I'm leaving Henry behind :(  I'm very lucky because he is going to be looked after by a very lovely friend and her family (and their mad Springer!) who I know will take good care of him, so I'm not worried in that sense, but I am worried that he won't remember me when I come back...

I suspect I'm also going to drive my OH crazy with my 'I wonder how Henry is' chat every 2 minutes!

Just wondering if anyone knows whether he will remember me after a week away?!

Thanks!

Ally and Henry the Hound xx

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
Will He Remember Me?!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 09:48:56 PM »
Of course he will :D I have a very good friend although we hardly see each other.  She had a cross breed that was adorable.  I looked after the dog, Lucy, for one day while my friend got married, and made a fuss of her when ever I saw her.  
A few years ago (she has sinced passed away) I hadn't clapped eyes on Lucy for about a year but she knew me and created such a fuss that it was embarrasing   :lol: If that can happen with a relative stranger - just think of the welcome you'll get  :P

Offline TT

• Site Member
    • http://
Will He Remember Me?!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 10:09:33 PM »
Henry will most definitely remember you!  When Lucy was about 6 months old we went away for two weeks.  It was sooooo difficult to leave her behind when she was so young and yes I thought about her every day - I too was really worried that she would forget us, or change her behaviour towards us or love us less?  :ph34r:  But when we got back and picked her up from the dog sitter's she was so excited she weed on my shoes  :ph34r:  :lol:

Offline amanol

• Site Member
Will He Remember Me?!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 10:21:40 PM »
I can guarantee you that Henry will remember you. I was like you when we left Poppy with one of my colleagues at Christmas. She was only 15 weeks and we had had her only for a month so imagine how I felt. I convinced myself before going to pick her up that she would not remember us in order not to be disappointed. :(  But guess what... She did recognise us :D . So donīt worry Henry will definately recognise you.