Author Topic: Couldn't Wait!!!  (Read 1207 times)

Offline smurfette

• Site Member
Couldn't Wait!!!
« on: March 13, 2006, 10:53:11 AM »
Hi everyone, just thought that Id update you. I posted in the 'introductions' that I was looking to add a cocker to the family. Well....I found a good breeder not to far from me and I went to see her litter. I was originally looking for a gold and this litter is black!!. They are beautiful and I have put down a deposit and we are to collect her in a fortnight!!  I am sooo excited!!

smurfette

Offline Annette

• Site Member
Re: Couldn't Wait!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 11:43:32 AM »
Congratulations!

Colour ranks pretty low when deciding on a cocker doesn't it? We had no real preferences, our Buddy is a blue roan, but we would love him if he was purple!

Offline Terri Carpenter

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 01:18:58 PM »
At the end of the day a cocker is a cocker no matter what colour they are. I bet you can't wait, I hadn't set my heart on a particular colour and fell in love with Holly an orange roan.  Good luck and be patient, the next two weeks will take forever to pass!

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 01:23:56 PM »

Congratulations.  :shades:

It worked the other way round for me, I was looking primarily for a black and ended up with a red. Second time round I was after a B&W and got a blue roan. Sometimes things are just meant to be.  :D

Offline Geordie Girl

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 09:12:46 PM »
I think once you've decided on getting a cocker and found a good breeder colour becomes irrelevant, I know it did with us. 

Originally I fancied a black but once I saw Alfie, a blue roan, I fell in love with him!

Congratulations on your new babe.

Lucy and Alfie

Offline judebt

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 01:41:01 PM »
Is she a show or working cocker?? I have a black worring cocker pup and she is gorgeous. She has the amazingly glossly rich coat. They are so adorable!! enjoy.
Judith and Roxi

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 02:09:12 PM »
It is so hard to resist once you have seen a litter, all of your plans go out of the windo. Enjoy your puppy.
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 02:29:27 PM »
Congratulations! The first time I was looking for a red but ended up with a black - she is gorgeous and wouldn't change her for the world./ The second time I thought maybe blue roan or orange roan. Woody is orange and white. When we first saw him and his brother they were only two weeks old and the breeder that one maybe orange roan and the other orange and white but we chose Woody whatever he was going to turn out to be!!

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 05:22:01 PM »

Second time round I was after a B&W and got a blue roan. Sometimes things are just meant to be.  :D

The opposite for us; we had intended to get a blue or chocolate roan but we had Domino who is B&W!! :D
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 10:09:11 PM »
Hope the next 2 weeks go quickly for you !!!!
We first wanted a black and White, looked at a litter picked and blue roan Indi female
Second one loved the look of the orange roans went back to original breeder picked black male Kody
he is a little monster >:D
love them both would'nt be without them now a fully converted cocker lover forever
started out with Rotties downsized to Airedales now Cockers
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline Lynne & Murphy

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 10:49:49 PM »
i was same looking for a blond boy got a black and tan boy! ::)
its so danderous to even phone.  the lure of a little pup of any colour  :luv: is irresistable :blink:

Offline isla

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2006, 12:52:10 PM »
I wanted a blue roan and ended up with a black too. She is perfect. As everyone has said colour really ends up being irrelevant!

Catch up on your sleep!!