Author Topic: newbie  (Read 1124 times)

Offline redmal

• Site Member
« on: April 12, 2006, 08:39:42 PM »
hi, I have been lurking ph34r around here for a few weeks, thought Id better introduce myself. I & my OH  have 4 Irish setters and (my baby and best mate) Casey, a 6 year old welsh springer spaniel. No Cocker as yet, but casey & I often meet a black working type cocker who he adores. He (Casey) has sort of generalised arthritis, which doesnt affect him much, but does make it a bit hard to keep up with the setters, so I try to take him out alone as often as poss. He would love a cocker to go with him, but maybe 5 dogs is enough for now? :-\ AS you see, Im here under false pretences, not being a cocker owner, but PLEASE  :embarassed: can I stay????

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 08:59:48 PM »
Hiya
Welcome 2 col  :D
Of course you can stay its here for all doggy owners who need help or just a genaral chit chat  :blink:
I love irish setter's there lovely dogs my friend shows them and there all lovely somtimes i handle them for him 2  :blink:

I have 4 cocker spaniel all blue roans they are harvey sophie miffy and jazz -we show them  :D
We also have 4 golden ret's Rosie lilly cindy and thyme -also show dogs but we dont show them that often hopfuly tho we may be getting another cocker soon  :blink:

I know of people who have loads of dogs we only have 8 that doesnt seem alot to me  :lol:
I know of alady who has 10+ cockers  :luv: must be cocker heaven  :lol:
I think it depends if you have the time to train a new puppy.

Welcome again  :blink:

Offline Rachel B

• Site Member
  • Look at me!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:20:31 PM »
Welcome!  I am sure you're very welcome here as you are a wanna be cocker owner ;) :P  I lurked on here for ages before joining and now i can't ne shut up!!

I hope you enjoy this forum as much as i do!

Rachel x
Rachel & James and a waggly tail from Mr Barningham

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 11:30:32 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL

What a crowd!!!!!

We tried two for just one week, and it was too much for us (may have just been the combination - long story, but we are staying a one dog household for the time-being)

Just Buddy, blue roan, 15 months old.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 08:15:04 AM »
hi, I have been lurking ph34r around here for a few weeks, thought Id better introduce myself. I & my OH  have 4 Irish setters and (my baby and best mate) Casey, a 6 year old welsh springer spaniel. No Cocker as yet, but casey & I often meet a black working type cocker who he adores. He (Casey) has sort of generalised arthritis, which doesnt affect him much, but does make it a bit hard to keep up with the setters, so I try to take him out alone as often as poss. He would love a cocker to go with him, but maybe 5 dogs is enough for now? :-\ AS you see, Im here under false pretences, not being a cocker owner, but PLEASE  :embarassed: can I stay????

well....you can stay...as long as we get a pic of casey PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!   he sounds adorable :luv:  (not that your irish setters aren't - in fact, pics of ALL your dogs are compulsary ph34r)
helen & jarvis x

Offline redmal

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 08:45:58 AM »
Oh, arent you a lovely lot?? Ill try & do pics when I can find time to work out how (like about 3 days solid-not being very technical) :005: The setters are called Jasmine (the granny) age 9, Lorna (the daughter)age 6 , missy (the granddaughter) age 3 and Isaac (no relation) age 1. If Id written this yesterday Id have said all gorgeous, BUT when I got up this morning they had stolen the bread bin and eaten all the bread, cheese scones and walnut cake in there!! >:D So _  anybody want to buy a dog??l

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 01:57:03 PM »
I'll take one  ;)

Welcome to COL, I'm quite new too but it's sooo addictive! I've got Alfie, a blue roan working cocker, he's 13 weeks and adorable  :luv:

Can't wait to see pics of your lot!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 02:16:57 PM »
Hello and Welcome to COL  :D

We have Molly 1 year old blue roan working type, Georgie 4 1/2 month B/W show type and Tessa 6 year old Rottie.......

And I love springers and setters :luv:.....
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline sharesy

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 02:28:34 PM »
Hello, We have a black cocker called Kalli, thats it I'm afraid as far as dogs go but I do have two giant french lops.  Kallis franticly trying to grow bigger than them  :005:  Shes nearly there.

Offline !x! Beki !x!

• !x! Me n Dixie !x!
    • http://www.nicibeccockers.piczo.com
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 03:18:22 PM »
hiya & welcome 2 COL  :D
we have quite a few show cockers that me n my sister handle both in the breed and in junior handling
hope you have fun on the forum its a great place to meet new people that love dogs !!!

becki xx
OUR WEBSITE !!!!
NICIBEC'S!
*Becki* n all at nicibec xx

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 03:19:09 PM »
Hi and welcome to Col...   Yep, it is very very very addictive here!!
I am owned by Dillon, a chocolate 10 month old (well on Saturday) boy cocker (show type) and he is the canine love of my life!!! :luv:
Look forward to seeing piccies of your lot!  (I am not technically minded and ended up e-mailing pics of Dillon to Helen (choccydrop) for her to post....)

Petra

Offline Sarah/fernando

• Site Member
  • Milo
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 08:22:40 PM »
Hi there, Im fairly new here too. I own a rather handsome blue roan called Milo. Hes 4 in August, and hes from a rescue centre, apparently he was confined to a cage for the first 10 months of his life  :'( :'(   but you wouldnt know now he is so lively and has such a lot of character, its hard not to laugh at him sometimes  :005:
Enjoy COL............its very addictive
Sarah and Milo XX
Sarah & Milo X

Offline Woody's Mum

• Site Member
  • ''The dog is the god of frolic''
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 08:51:15 PM »
Hello and welcome to you and your brood!  :lol:
With Love, Toni & Woody xx

www.myspace.com/tonitee

Offline Elisa