Author Topic: Houdini!!!  (Read 620 times)

Offline crunchie

• Site Member
Houdini!!!
« on: April 17, 2006, 11:40:43 AM »
We are very fortunate in having a garden of about 2.5 acres.  Heaven for a nosey, lively 4 month old cocker.  Hell for her humans trying to keep tabs on her and 2 cats trying to get a bit of peace!  However, we have a large patio area outside the back door with about 6 steps leading up to the rest of the garden and this area is bordered by a rustic stone wall about 3.5 feet high.  A couple of weeks ago I had the bright idea that if I blocked off the steps at least she could have a bit of freedom and run about on the patio.  OH purchased a bit of trellis and this was working a treat until this week.  A couple of times I went out and found her in the main part of the garden!  I couldn't work out how she was doing this, thought she must be squeezing through the trellis and one day I saw her.  The trellis had blown over on a slight angle and she was using it as a ladder to climb up and out onto the main bit!!  So trellis was fixed so it was always upright and this seemed to stop her, until a couple of days ago OH found her in the main bit of the garden.  He took up watch and was amazed to witness her take a running jump at the smallest bit of the wall, grab the top with her little front legs and climb up the wall and off to freedom!  Twice he saw this happen, so now we have had to move the bench to this area to stop her taking a running jump.  Aren't cockers just the naughtiest, funniest little dogs ever?  We have got a proper stake and 30 feet rope for the main part of the garden for use when we are out there in the summer.  We have tried letting her loose in the garden but it is a nightmare.  She is all over the place so until she gets a bit bigger and better behaved we will use this.  Can't wait to see what she works out to get out of that one!
Ann and Pringle