Author Topic: when to feed adult formulae food  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Shell

• Site Member
when to feed adult formulae food
« on: March 09, 2003, 12:39:50 AM »
Bailey has just turned 6 months old  ;D - I was wondering if anyone can tell me when we should start feeding him adult formulae food. He's still on the "puppy" stuff at the moment.

Our vet mentioned last time we went that he is coming to the end of the "growth phase".

Also - does everyone still feed their cockers twice a day when they are older or just one?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2003, 08:30:42 AM »
Hi Shell, the food that you are using should advise you on the packaging when to move on to the next phase. My three are on JWB and they advise puppy food until 6 months, junior from 6-12 months then adult maintenance from 12 months onwards. I do feed the junior but many people don't and some food manufacturers don't have a junior variety therefore just going straight from puppy to adult. I would say 6 months is about right to make the switch. As for the meals, I keep mine to 2 a day. I think feeding once a day is fine if they just pick at it during the day but mine would scoff the lot and come tea-time will still be looking for more ;D                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2003, 08:07:43 AM »
2 meals a day here aswell jessies 7 months, although I am staying with puppy until jessie is 8 months as that is what the food manufacturer told me to do when we had nice little chat  ;D   oh I feed Autarky btw  ;D as advised by Incas mum sandra and I haven't looked back, no more itchy coat, no more picky eaters (even yorkie loves it)  but its all individual my two happen to love it, others I know do not .                    

Offline LouiseH

• Site Member
  • Lourisma Moon Quest
    • Lourisma Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 01:58:05 PM »
I feed Autarky btw  ;D as advised by Incas mum sandra and I haven't looked back, no more itchy coat, no more picky eaters (even yorkie loves it)  but its all individual my two happen to love it, others I know do not .

Do they have a web site?                    
Louise Harrison
Lourisma Cocker Spaniels