Author Topic: Hi From Cam  (Read 2377 times)

Offline cc

• Site Member
Re: Hi From Cam
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 02:20:19 PM »
Hi Cam,

Thank you that's helped a lot.  we plan on giving them seperate puppy crates so they can have time out when they need it, and we'll make sure Jack gets lots of attention still so he doesn't feel left out. 

Sounds like you have your hands full there!

Do you have any photos?

CC

Offline sarah

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 08:06:16 PM »
We've definately got our hands full but it's worth it

I will hopefully get some photos on soon

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 10:20:16 PM »
We plan on getting a second in August.  How easy have you found it with two puppies? 

Hi there

We have got a cocker and a westie who are now 2 and half yrs old  :D

We brought them home a week apart SaffiWestie coming home first at just under 10 weeks and JessieCocker coming along 10 days later aged 7 and a half weeks!

We found that we had 2 puppies who learned from each other and we didnt have ONE sleepless night!!!  ;)

However we have 4 adults in the house who made sure that each pup got its own attention and time. Despite this however our pups (well dogs) have bonded very well with each other....and this does mean they aren't too keen on being apart. We do force this at times tho just incase illness means one can't be walked for instance.

My experience of 2 pups is great but it isnt easy...and isnt right for everyone. The toilet training and time required when they are little is imense and it was very hard work....but worth it.  :D

Janey

Offline cc

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 12:28:36 PM »
I think it's a good idea to give them both attention on their own and seperate them occassionally so they don't become too attached.  I don't want to cause either of them distress at a later date if one of them goes to the vets etc.

Sorry for hijacking your message Cam!

Offline sarah

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 09:37:22 PM »
Don't be silly you haven't hijacked, the advise re 2 pups from Janey is great we do give each pup their own time and attention but t hadn't really crossed my mind to give them some time apart every now and again to minimise distress if they do have to be seperated at any time

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 12:08:43 PM »
Hi Sarah

You and me both! I'm getting a golden cocker boy very soon and I'd been told all sorts of horror stories about goldens.  But your right, the help from everyone on the forum, has made me feel much better too! :D

I'm not sure I'd cope with two puppies at once, you're a braver woman than me!  :005: People think I'm mad getting another now when our Golden Retriever Max is just 1.

Can't wait to see some pics!
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)