Author Topic: hi there  (Read 1052 times)

Offline riva_red

• Site Member
hi there
« on: June 12, 2006, 04:37:19 PM »
Hi there everyone, I've been looking round this site for a while now gathering useful advise and tips  :D.  Thought it was about time to say hello as we are bringing home our blue roan boy on saturday (5 days to go and counting!)  We've been gathering our supplies this week and puppy proofing the garden and house as best we can... I'm sure he'll find something we've missed ;)  Just need to book an appointment with the vet for a health check and oh yes decide on a name :005:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: hi there
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 04:57:12 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

Bet you can't wait to get your new baby home  :luv: I have Alfie, a 5 and a half month old working cocker boy.

Have you got any ideas for a name yet? You'll find a lot of iinspiration on here, there are some really good ones. I like human sounding names, hence Alfie. We met a Jack Russell puppy at the weekend called Dave which I thought was fantastic!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Waggy One

• Site Member
  • Beau
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 06:03:32 PM »
Hi and welcome!

We have Beau, an eight week old Blue Roan, who we brought home last Friday.  He's an absolute joy to be around, I'm sure your new little boy will be too  :D

Becs', Beau & Cookie xxx

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 06:38:41 PM »
Hiya
Welcome 2 col
We have 4 blue roans sophie harvey miffy and jazz  :blink:

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 06:53:32 PM »
Hi, welcome to COL!

Only five more sleeps till your (nameless!!  :005: ) puppy arrives!!

I have a 12 week old gold cocker called Barney.  I also have a black lab and golden retriever.

We too puppy proofed our home and garden before picking Barney up.  When we got home we had to do it all again as he was much smaller than we expected, having been use to large breed puppies!  :005:

Looking forward to seeing some pics and hearing what name you've decided on.
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline tadobunny

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 07:20:13 PM »
Hello Check out my introduction,  We are getting uours in 48 sleeps! i asked about names to and got lot's of helpful suggestions...the debate rages on

in our home, think my boyfriend has settled on Cooper though (i love it to!) Hope Saturday goes well, Post some Pictures.

Helen x :lol:

Offline riva_red

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 08:48:11 PM »
I'm getting really excited now, I keep rummaging through all the stuff we've bought so far... tadobunny - only 48hrs to go you must be sooo excited  :D

We have wittled the names down to a short list of about six... one of which my mum has told me is too daft and she refuses to call out in the park  :lol: You all seem to have come up with great names... did you have a hard time picking them as well or is it just me  :005:  will let ya all know what we eventually decide on. 

I have a few pics of him at the breeders... however by the time I figure out how to post them the wee guy will probably be here already :005:

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 09:17:57 PM »
You all seem to have come up with great names... did you have a hard time picking them as well or is it just me  :005:  :

I spent weeks trauling the internet for names! Searched loads of baby and dog names sites.  I ended up with a list. Every day I chose one name and said it all day long and called it out, like "Barney No" (used alot  :005: ), "Barney come, sit, down" etc just to see if I really liked the name or if it sounded wrong/stupid when calling it all day long.  Can't believe I'm admitting to that! You'll be sending the people in white coats around to take me away!!  :005:
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 09:28:22 PM »
Sam - we did the same! Spent hours on web sites making long lists of names. Then made short lists of names. Then narrowed it down to 8 and all voted for the three we liked best. The ones with the most votes were the chosen names. (There are 6 of us, so it seemed the fairest way to do it!)
We also tried calling them out lloud to see if we'd feel stupid shouting it across a field!  :embarassed: Reuben's KC name is 'Benji's Biscuit' (chosen by the KC). The kids quite liked Biscuit, but there was no way I was going to shout that in public! Can you imagine how many dogs would come running!  :005:

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 11:36:22 PM »
Welcome to COL  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 08:08:18 AM »
Rhona think how popular youwould have been :005:
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 07:20:15 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL. I remember how twitchy and impatient and nervous and excited I felt just before Buddy came home.

Now, we frequently congratulate ourselves on choosing the very best breed around for our family. We love the long walks and the cuddles (and the craziness!)

As for names: Ben our 9yr old son (who was then 7.5) had the name long before we even decided on getting a dog. We were fortunate that our breeder had a dog, not a bitch, theft because we had no female names at all.

Offline riva_red

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 03:46:10 PM »
well only 3 more days to go now... man this week is dragging in >:( can't wait to get the wee fella home  :D  The name debate is still on going, we've been having a go at calling out the names to see how they sound... only problem is we keep thinking of new names while doing it and the list has now grown instead of it getting smaller :005: I'm sure once we get him home one of the names will seem right.

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 03:49:20 PM »
Welcome to COL and good luck with naming your little boy.

I'm sure one will pop into your head and feel right