Author Topic: photos  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
photos
« on: June 19, 2006, 04:47:40 PM »
I have loads of pics of Ben that i took last week with a new digital camera, an olympus.  I'm not really sure what i am doing with it - I have put the photos on to the computer -that was easy, but the computer won't let me save them to a disc or in my pictures etc so that i can send them to photobucket to put on here - if you see what i mean! :005:  I keep getting a little message that I need to buy an upgrade, olympus master plus software before i can do anything with the photos - does this sound right?  is there another way of saving the photos or sending them to my pictures.

all help gratefully recieved :shades:

Bens mum

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
Re: photos
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 10:02:16 PM »
Not very technical here but I hope this helps :-\
I never use the camera software to download  pictures ... only because I seem to get in a muddle too ph34r
I  use the photo and scanner wizard that's on the PC then they automatically go into my pictures and you can do what you like with them from there.
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline daunting

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:21:43 PM »
Have you tried opening a new folder on pictures and clicking and dragging the photo you want to put in into it ?

I found when i downloaded pics this was the only way i could do it until i worked out that for some reason i had to take out the usb cable, put it back in and the scanner wizard and photo options would then show  ::)

Where are the photos stored on the PC ???
Donna, *Tia*, Saffi, Max, Harley, Egan, Mia

http://hope-rescue.proboards.com/index.cgi

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 11:17:02 PM »
Just another thought have you tried reloading your camera software.

And as daunting says try dragging your photo's into a new folder or right clicking them and see if you can send them to your desktop or my pictures.
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 11:46:07 PM »

Here's how I load photos to my pc without using the camera software...

1. Attach camera to pc with usb
2. Right click on "start" ( bottom left of your screen), then left click on "explore" from the menu.
2. A new window will appear with a list of all the folders/programmes on your pc. Scroll down until you find your camera - mine shows as "Removable Disc (G:)", it will probably be something similar on your pc, the letter will depend on how many external devices you have attached to your pc. Left click on this and various folders will show in the box to the right of the folder menu - one of these will contain the photos on your camera, you might have to open various folders to find it. Once you've found it, open it and save to "pictures" as normal.

Sounds very complicated but it's quite simple really.  :lol:

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 08:57:25 PM »
Thank you all for your help, i'm going off to 'play' with the computer to see if i can do it - be warned I shall be back soon if I'm still struggling!! :005:

Bens mum