Author Topic: hello Im new.  (Read 3650 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
hello Im new.
« on: June 21, 2006, 07:20:58 PM »
Hi, my names Jean, Im rolos mam,  hes a chocolate working cocker,as well as mam to liath, a blue roan working cocker and pepper a cross between working springer and working cocker.
 I live in rogart in sutherland and it is cocker country up here. we are all mad for them.
Mostly all my friends have more than one spaniel ,so when we are out together its a sight to see, all the cockers, all different colours just having a great time.
 Ive been having a look at the site and think its really friendly and helpful, so look forward to being a member.

Offline Waggy One

• Site Member
  • Beau
Re: hello Im new.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:45:36 PM »
Hi and welcome  :D

We have Beau (blue roan) who is nearly 10 weeks old.  He's our first cocker so there's probably a lot we could ask you  :lol:
Becs', Beau & Cookie xxx

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 07:49:15 PM »
Hi, and welcome to COL. I hope all your friends are going to join us too!

We have Buddy who is 17 months. He's a blue roan, 1/4 working type.

I wish we lived in "cocker country", sounds like heaven. The best we can do is get to as many COL meet ups as we can.

We need photos please!

Offline Petra

• Site Member
  • yippee, water!!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 07:52:45 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL - this is a fab site, once here you will become addicted... :lol:
I have Dillon, a chocolate show type cocker, he has just turned 1 and is the canine love of my life :luv:

Looking forward to chatting with you

Petra

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 07:58:38 PM »
Welcome to COL  :D

I know Rogart quite well as I used to live in Scourie, my OH's family still live there  ;)  You're not too far from me either I live in Inverness.

We have a 7 month old blue roan show cocker called Melody, you're so lucky to know so many other cocker owners - I'm constantly on the look out for them when we're out on walks  :lol:

Rolo sounds lovely but we need pics please.
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline janey

• Site Member
  • it wasn't me,honest
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 08:03:27 PM »
hi jean and welcome to col.
you have made a good move joining here,lots of help when needed,and always a friendly chat.
we have molly,she is black and 18 wks old.
look forward to seeing pics of your gang :005:
love Janey and Molly xxx

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 08:09:49 PM »
hello there jean and welcome...

i too have a choc working cocker (but only 1 dog....so far :005:), jarvis who has just turned 1 who, as you will see from the thousands of pics i post,  we kind of like.... just a little bit ph34r :005:.

looking forward to the pics of your pooches - they all sound lovely! :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 09:13:07 PM »
Hi jean welcome to you and Rolo. We have Henry Jasper George Sydney and Harry i think we might be classed as a cocker country all on our own. You will love it on here btw.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline denisec

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 11:03:26 PM »
Hi Jean

I have Ghillie a working cocker girl, who has just turned 1.  I live in Wick, which is not too far from you.  For a while I think I was the only member who lived in the Highlands, but now there is Mrs Mac in Inverness and yourself in Rogart, great  :D

Rolo looks like a lovely boy, can't wait to see more pics

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 11:57:06 PM »
thanks everyone, Id love to put some pics on how do I do it?
do they get added in with replies or do they have a separate page?
 this is complicated.. Im sure its not really. I have xp... its new. used to have me. liked it. this xp is harder i think.
Help!!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 12:10:18 AM »
Welcome to COL Jean :D

I have a show type cocker Indie, she is 3 and a blue roan :luv:  Look forward to chatting with you :D

Offline denisec

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 12:15:32 AM »
thanks everyone, Id love to put some pics on how do I do it?
do they get added in with replies or do they have a separate page?
 this is complicated.. Im sure its not really. I have xp... its new. used to have me. liked it. this xp is harder i think.
Help!!

Hi Jean

If you register with Photobucket you can upload your pictures to there, then all you have to do is post the link to your album by copying it in photobucket and then pasting it in your post here.  Or your can copy and paste individual photos if you don't want to display your whole album :D.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 12:33:55 AM »
ok here goes...
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/jeanmurray/
 is that it?
 am off to bed this is knackering!!.. dogs all sloped off ages ago.. must get camera out and take some better pics.
 nite.. jean. PS..
 in the photos liath is the blue roan girl liath is gaelic for grey blue... like blue roan I thought  shes 7. pepper is 8 1/2 and shes half cocker half working springer. Rolos the chocolate thug. hes small but powerful and has ahuge head can carry a duck no problem.
 except my sister objects as they are her ducks.!!!!. ph34r. she has Indian runners to practice sheep dog trialling skills on! ;) not prizes for the softest mouth in rogart. actually he only did it the once, Mams hens are an awful attraction too...and then theres the rabbits.. He has learnt now ( fingers crossed) that not everything is destined to be carted around by him!

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 12:43:32 AM »
Hi Jean, welcome to COL.  Your dogs are gorgeous.  :luv: I'm glad you stayed up to put them on.  :005:

I have a 13 week old golden show cocker cocker called Barney.  I also have Sapphi, a black lab, and Max, a golden retriever.

As you've already discovered, this web site keeps you up at night! Totally addictive!  :005:
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 02:46:56 AM »
Hi and welcome.

Your dogs are beautiful I really like the little chocolate one he/she is cute.

I have 2 working type cockers Zac 4yrs and Floss 10 month. I am very very partial to the working cocker. as you will see from my posts and my website.

Hope to see lots of pics of your trio.
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver