Author Topic: hello Im new.  (Read 3675 times)

Offline tadobunny

• Site Member
Re: hello Im new.
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 07:02:57 AM »
Hello, you dogs are lovely Welcome to COL...

i am a bit of a newbie to, i get my pup in 5(ish) weeks so i will probably be asking you lots of advice!!! :D

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 07:56:25 AM »
liath is a lovely name jean...and your dogs are beautiful!  they look like they are all great companions :luv:

i think i'll send jarvis up to you for a holiday so rolo can teach him all about retrieving ;)  he would love to help with the ducks i'm sure!
helen & jarvis x

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 09:39:25 AM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

Your dogs are all gorgeous, Liath is a lovely name  :luv:

I'm in Edinburgh and I have Alfie, a 6 month old blue roan working cocker. Unfortunately he doesn't really show a lot of interest in ducks at the moment but if there was a squirrel retrieving competition he'd be a gold medallist!  ::)  :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 09:59:04 AM »
Your dogs are lovely Jean, Melody doesn't get to retrieve real things - soft toys and power rangers are her favourites at the moment  :005:
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 12:41:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :D

You're dogs are beautiful  :luv:

Rogart will be with another cocker in August......................the little gold one on the left under my name, we are coming up there for a holiday ;)
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 11:23:27 PM »
hi letty go to the pittentrail Inn and ask Hector the owner to get sandra the cook to get herself out of the kitchen and we can organise a getogether. sandras as mad about spangels as me she has three hector has a wee terrier called shadow known as shad the lad. they will give me a phone to say you are in.
 I will post some pics, sandras dogs and mine are relations...
 and then thers some others too.. have a look..
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/jeanmurray/pepper%20liath%20rolo%20and%20pals/
see you soon. jean and co.

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 11:36:42 PM »
Lovely pictures Jean.  :luv:
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 11:40:24 PM »
What a fabulous name - Rolo! i Love it. I'm always on the look out for names, this will go on my favourite names list :lol:. Now I just need the dogs to go with the names  :lol:

Welcome to COL. I have one male black & tan called Billy

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 12:03:42 AM »
thanks I didnt mean to get a third dog but I was the midwife on duty when his mam went into labour.. she had a hard time and when I investigated I found that she had a stuck pup. The first one.. So pulled said pup out and he was v poorly heart beating but not breathing.
 so for half an hour I had to fight to keep him warm and breathing. he stopped breathing initially every time i stopped rubbing his chest and stimulating his respirations. anyway... cut a long story short ..
 several folk came to look at the pups one was a disabled young man who wanted one suitable for a chap in a wheelchair.. he booked one but not any specific one   I was hoping hed take the pup as I was by now hooked on the wee mam who was right as rain tough as old boots and I knew that would be a super home. but then a keeper was interested and I didnt know where the wee mam would end up.
Well it was my birthday and the breeder ..also a pal..  just put the cat amongst the pigeons and said if I wanted I could have him for my birthday... which was the following week.
 I was  so torn.. so I gave in said yes and never looked back... hes called rolo cos he was chocolatey, round and I wouldnt give him to anybody.  AWWW!
 by the way hes now 2 and a daddy to be and a total thuglet at times. but I wouldnt part with him for the world.
 even the girls.. pepper and liath love him... :luv: ps all the owners of that litter meet up once a year on or around the birthday for a getogether.. luckily all are fairly local... nice eh?

Offline denisec

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 11:39:52 AM »
Aww Jean your dogs are lovely  :luv:

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 09:56:21 PM »
Awww what beautiful dogs.

We have 2 working cockers - Vahri  (our black girl, she 4) and mad (chocolate) Rufus, he's 2.

We were up in Rogart last August, totally loved the place.

We stayed in the Highland Glen Lodges and spent many a happy evening in "Hectors House". In fact one evening we came down the wee lane just at the level crossing and spotted a wee choccie Spaniel running around outside in the garden of one of the houses. I was all for stopping but we were headed somewhere and Pete had an agenda!!  ::)

Wasn't Rolo was it?

Well be headed back to Rogart again - this time we'll say hello.

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 01:08:39 PM »
that was rolos litter brother jack. thats sandra the cook in the hotel's house.her spangels are all sisters, brother,s aunts of mine and her dogs are in the pic with pepper liath and rolo. shes the person who rescued wee jodie with the bad leg shes a wee choc roan jacks choclolate and tori is choc roan.
 we get together loads as sandra is just as daft as myself about spaniels.... :005: worse maybe!!

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 08:59:45 AM »
Ohhh amazing, we can have a choc fest.

I'll come and say hello when we're in the area defo  ;)