Author Topic: letting dog off lead!!!!!!!!  (Read 14813 times)

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
letting dog off lead!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2003, 10:14:08 AM »
Well, dur, the whole object IS To be found ! ;D

And anyway, who said anything about hiding in the first place?......I think tis you ladies what is completely mad and bonkers..........

;D ;D ;D                    

Sue H

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2003, 10:15:25 AM »
Bin there, dun that, and I can't begin to try and convey the utter horror you feel when you are 'hiding' from your dog, and not only has your dog gone off in the opposite direction on a mission of its own, but other people suddenly appear out of nowhere and give you really funny looks - as if it's not absolutely normal to be squatting behind a bush giggling and apparently talking to yourself.  They go off shaking their heads as if it all goes to prove that Care in the Community really doesn't work after all  :( ;D                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2003, 10:18:13 AM »
What flavour crisp packet do you hide in then Sue ? ;D                    

Offline Jo W

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2003, 10:19:36 AM »

Well, dur, the whole object IS To be found ! ;D

And anyway, who said anything about hiding in the first place?......I think tis you ladies what is completely mad and bonkers..........

;D ;D ;D

This from a man who does piggy grunt noises to his dog in public....  ;)  What with this and lurking behind trees - I bet Jimmy is really embarrassed of you.  You'll probably be arrested one day  ;D                    

Offline Hel

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2003, 06:26:44 PM »
I wouldn't dare try hiding behind a tree - mine would never find me!.  The 4 yo Fletch is not that good at realising where I am if he a distance away from me in the park.  He stands there, in a panic, looking this way and that, and despite my shouting, it's usually the waving at him which works.  He is useless at realising where the shouts come from - so many times he runs off in the wrong direction thinking he is going towards my calls.  It's only when I catch his eye that he realises where I am.  And, no, he's not deaf.

Helen                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2003, 07:38:55 PM »
Hi Hel,

Don't worry, Fletch isn't the only cocker that does this.......Jimmy also seems to have no idea where I'm calling him from and goes into that blind panic someone else mentioned. Could it be their long, furry ears hinder them in this regard?

(Incidentally........ Jo, it's not just me that embarrasses Jimmy.....at least I don't go around sniffing and slurping strange dogs like he does.....well not yet anyway. ;D)                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2003, 03:57:03 PM »
Hi Hel and Colin
Glad to hear that this is a cocker thing and not just a Morgan thing.  After the incident the other day, where I was standing shouting him and whistling with him still unable to find me I was a little worried about his hearing    :-[ .  Then I tried whispering 'Ham' when we got home and he was sitting at the fridge door before I was even out of the car  ;D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2003, 09:57:32 AM »
We took Phoebe to Tatton Park yesterdat and even though we were no where near the lakes, she spotted water and she was off like a shot. Called and called but she just carried on over the hill and away :o.

She eventually came back after finding some muddy water and getting really muddy. I suppose its my own fault for introducing her to swimming ::)                    
Anita

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2003, 05:34:35 PM »
Well on Saturday - I was out with my mate at the salon being pampered( our fornightly treat) came home to no hubby and no doggies, he'd taken them out - in the car, so was likely to be good walk/run for them.

They arrived home - Jasper panting, happy, clean and dry. Buddy panting and happy but a great ball of mud :o Nige had let them off lead one at a time. Jasper for a change stayed close and was good. Buddy was also good until he saw benjamin bunny and gave chase :- He succeeded in finding the only pool of mud for miles. Don't know what happened to the bunny, think and hope he got away - no evidence of him getting caught. Buddy took a great dive into the mud and was a right mess - so I got to bath him!! He's lovely and clean and sweet again now - little monkey ;D ::)                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2003, 06:19:29 PM »
He succeeded in finding the only pool of mud for miles. Don't know what happened to the bunny, think and hope he got away - no evidence of him getting caught. Buddy took a great dive into the mud and was a right mess -

Think Buddy and Vegas would be the best of friends ;) ;D                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2003, 06:59:30 PM »
As far as Morgan is concerned, a walk is not a walk without a wallow in a big muddy puddle ;D.  If he's off lead I have to run parts of our regular walk, while squeaking his favourite ball so that he doesn't notice the puddles, otherwise he'd be straight in them(yes, I do get some funny looks).
Thought we were all clear the other day but he managed to get through a gate and down onto the shore.  Little beggar couldn't get back up so I had to climb down and lift the smelly thing back onto the pier.  My car still stinks of seaweed!  :P                    

Offline angelad

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2003, 09:51:30 AM »
I think I must have the only dog who doesn't seem to be bothered whether I'm with him or not. He has got really bad lately about coming back. I have tried everything - walking off, liver cakes etc I'm not sure what to do next.                    
Angela & Cooper

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2003, 10:38:12 AM »
Took Lottie up on the Ridgeway early this morning....lovely, absolutely nobody about.

Parked the car in an empty car park and off we went.  After about 200 yards, Lottie seemed apprehensive (no reason that we could see) and she just turned and headed back to the car at a brisk walk ::).  Knowing she would be completely safe, it was a good time to 'test her out' ;).

We called her back...she ignored us.  We said goodbye and ran in the opposite direction....she ignored us.  She went out of sight and when I caught up with her she was stood at the boot of the car ::)  I then said goodbye again and walked off and hid......she ignored me and stayed firmly at the car >:(

I then had to put her on her lead to take her for this walk ::) which she seemed to enjoy but pulled like mad on the way back to the car and wouldn't even stop pulling for a treat :o (unheard of for Lottie).

Any tips to stop her ignoring us ???                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2003, 06:00:36 PM »
Hi Mary

A squeaky ball works every time with Morgan.  He's not allowed squeaky things in the house (I read something somewhere about these types of toys not being entirely suitable for everyday play) so it's really a treat and it gets his attention in no time.  :D                    

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2003, 06:31:49 PM »
what a blinking good idea!... we do that with her kong, so she only gets it when we are leaving her alone etc... so she knows shes in for some treats and takes about erm a second to empty it  ;D little exageration there...but ya know  ;)