Author Topic: Worms?!  (Read 527 times)

Offline Blinky

• Site Member
Worms?!
« on: July 10, 2006, 09:28:49 AM »
Oh my word!

Bluebell (9 weeks) has just had a runny bottom poo and in it was what looked like a long noodle!  We wormed her a few days ago, so presumably this is a worm?!  Either that or she's been ordering Chinese after we've gone to bed!

And do you think the runny bottom was as a result of the worm or is that coincidence?  We've been changing her food over very gradually for nearly a week now with no ill effects, but she's chewing and eating all sorts of plants, roots and sticks in the garden, so maybe it's that.

I'd appreciate any advice!

thanks

Blinky

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Worms?!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:35:47 AM »
I should think it is quite likely!  After all if you had a worm that size in your tum you'd probably have a runny bottom too  :005:  Could also be a reaction to the worming tabs - some dogs react to them.

Hope it clears up soon.  Hopefully the worm was dead and the result of the worming rather than a new one! Yukky! >:(
Julie and Watson

Offline Neville

• Site Member
  • Me 13 weeks old
Re: Worms?!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »
I'm sure the worms are the problem - but not anymore by the sound of it!

Try not to let her eat too much in the garden. 

I know this is difficult but there are allsorts of things in the garden that are poisonous to dogs.  I'm sure you'll find a list of plants and flowers on here somewhere, and i think it's also in the Kennel Club puppy pack.  For example - Neville loves detroying my lillies - these are on the list and i panic if he does go near them.  I think I'll have to have more decking - then he'll have more wood to chew >:D
Look forward to hearing from you!