Author Topic: Pippin has found his bark  (Read 809 times)

Offline Pippin

• Site Member
Pippin has found his bark
« on: July 20, 2006, 10:59:11 AM »
 :lol:  Pippin in 8 weeks tomorrow and I have now had him for a week, he started growling a lot the other day, and this morning I heard him bark for the first time  :lol:
It is so sweet to hear  :luv:  and I am like a proud mother, phoning everyone sand letting them hear him for the very first time, he will only bark when he is in a certain place too, is that normal? I don't know what he is barking at but it sounds great  :blink:

Offline Claire

• Site Member
Re: Pippin has found his bark
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 11:48:05 AM »
Aaahhh the first little barks are so cute - like a little 'yip'.  Ruby only ever used to bark when we got the hoover or the mop out, and I thought it was so cute.

Not long after her first few barks I took her on the train to visit my mum.  She'd had a walk just beforehand so I figured she'd go straight to sleep.  Um, no.  We got on at King's Cross and a man sat opposite us with a burger he'd just bought.  She proceeded to bark at him, staring at his burger until he had eaten it all.  It was so embarrassing. :embarassed:  Nothing I could do would make her stop; she didn't want her toys or treats, or to be distracted.  She wouldn't take her eyes off the burger.  She was clearly saying 'give me the burger'! >:(

The man asked if he could give her some - I said no, and he said Ruby was making him feel really guilty about eating it! :lol:

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:10:29 PM »
Congratulations Pippin! Clive also barked from pretty early on, but hardly ever. I think some dogs take a while to get into bark mode and some never really do.
Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 02:43:32 PM »
Sydney is right little gob on a stick whereas Harry hasn't barked yet maybe Syd stole his in the womb. :005:
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline Saffie

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 02:55:54 PM »
Saffie only barks about 3 times a week at the most. She would bark if i had my back to her in the kitchen. It normally makes me jump as she seldom does it. I hope she keeps it up and doesnt bark as the neighbours dog (not the cocker) barks at every bloody thing that moves!!!

It was lovely hearing the first bark when we brought her home on the first day, we thought it was a sign she was happy. I also think it shocked her more than it did us  :005: :005:

Offline Rhona

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 04:10:22 PM »
I used to think it was cute when Sam barked as a pup.  He is 2 and a bit now and the cute factor wore off a looonnnnngggg time ago!!! Enjoy.
Rhona and Sam

Offline Waggy One

• Site Member
  • Beau
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 09:32:16 AM »
Beau barks at the cats and in turn they ignore him  :005: :005:
Becs', Beau & Cookie xxx