Author Topic: Weston-Super-Mutt  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Sheppie_Hill

• Site Member
Weston-Super-Mutt
« on: July 28, 2006, 03:04:27 PM »
Hi

All, just joined COL and thought I would introduce US.

I am Steve (Daddy) I live with my partner Claire (Mummy) and we have very recently rehomed a 6 month old cocker (debateable) from the RSPCA called Tarka. I say debateable because we are not sure he is a purebred due to his size (Please see other topic "Cocker or Not-er")

We all live happilly, most of the time, when the pond isn't Tarka's playground in Weston-Super-Mare and although we have not had the little soul long (about 3.5 weeks) we are both absolutely mad about him.

I have enjoyed reading a number of other posts and look forward to conversing with you all. Thanks for all the tips that are posted, I am sure they will be invaluable to us.

Playful nibbles to you all. **we'll soon sort that out** ;)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Weston-Super-Mutt
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 04:13:44 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

Tarka is lovely and it sounds like he's certainly landed on his feet with you and your partner!  :luv:

I have Alfie, a 7 month old blue roan working cocker and I think that Tarka looks a lot like him so my vote is that he's a worker... yay another one!  :shades: :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Waggy One

• Site Member
  • Beau
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 04:14:26 PM »
Hi and welcome,

we have Beau who is 15 weeks old and a total water babe too  :005:

we're not far from you in Bristol, look forward to hearing more about Tarka  :D
Becs', Beau & Cookie xxx

Offline crunchie

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 06:31:56 PM »
Welcome to COL.  I have Pringle a 7 month old blue roan.  I live in Norfolk now but know Weston very well.  I was brought up there and lived there until I was 21 and left to get married.  Have many fond memories of riding along the beach when I was growing up.  Used to go back regularly until my mum moved to Wiltshire 3 years ago.

COL is great.  Everyone is very helpful and friendly and saved my sanity on many an occasion.
Ann and Pringle

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 06:36:42 PM »
Welcome to COL Steve, Claire and Tarka  :D

Tarka is a very lucky boy to have found a forever home with you.  :luv:

I have Barney, gold cocker puppy who is just over 4 months old.  I also have Sapphi, black lab and Max, golden retriever.

Enjoy the forum, addiction is not optional.  :005:
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 09:17:29 PM »
Hi and welcome Tarka sounds a bundle of fun.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 09:22:58 PM »
What an excellent name for your dog!
We go to Locking, just outside Weston-S-M most years for our holiday. 
We were there in May this year and still love it just as much as ever. Lucky you to actually live there - still when we win the lottery and escape from Kent, we will come and see you!!!!
Best of luck with Tarka - you WILL get addicted to COL - I haven't even got a cocker and I am addicted!
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 09:35:01 PM »
Welcome to COL - hope you find it useful ;) Nice to hear Tarka has landed on his feet :luv:
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 09:46:57 PM »
 ;) Been looking at Tarka on your other post, he is stunning! definitely a working cocker!a real handsome fella :luv:
welcome to COL.
I have Flo, a black and white show type cocker who is 3, her best friend is Lily a 1 yr old working cocker belonging to my friend Pat!

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 09:59:19 PM »
Hi and welcome to col. Tarka is a beautiful working cocker, albeit a larger one imo. The pond as Tarkas playground more or less proves it!
Well done to you and Claire for taking on a rescue. is he your first dog?
I have a working cocker Fern, she is seven years old and is my 4th dog and my OH's 6th, although she is an only dog atm.
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories