Author Topic: new puppy  (Read 1270 times)

brim

new puppy
« on: July 30, 2006, 12:07:38 AM »
Hi
I can't wait until our new puppy is old enough to come home. He is a balck and tan male a chunky little lad from a litter of seven pups. It was love at first sight. We visit him often and he seems very laid back. He will be ten weeks old when we collect him I hope that's not too old!
Wishing the time away

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
Re: new puppy
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 12:19:24 AM »
Hi welcome to COL

It's very exciting getting a new puppy! I have a 19 week old gold boy call Barney. I also have Sapphi (black lab) and Max (golden ret)

Is there a reason for getting him at 10 weeks old? The norm is 8 weeks old to bring a pup home.

I wish you look with him, and remember to post loads of pics!
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Al_BlacknTan

• Site Member
  • Rolo
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 08:10:26 AM »
hey blackandtan, I just got Rolo a week or so ago and he is a black and tan male and a very big boy. I got him when he was 9weeks and I see no downside to this. He was from a litter of 8. Oh and can someone tell me if a white chest is rare ?

brim

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 08:49:45 AM »
Hi
Rolo looks lovely. My pup Brim has a white patch on his chest too. I'll work out how to put a photo on and show him to you.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 08:52:01 AM »
Oh and can someone tell me if a white chest is rare ?

White chests aren't rare - if the area is quite big, it usually indicates there is mixed solid & particolour breeding in the lines.
Jane

Offline Al_BlacknTan

• Site Member
  • Rolo
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 08:57:06 AM »
thanks Jane