Author Topic: hello I am a newbie too  (Read 1262 times)

Offline kelly-joy

• Site Member
hello I am a newbie too
« on: August 22, 2006, 06:56:09 PM »
Hello my name is kelly-joy I live with my partner Steve and 2 little boys Tom 4 and Leo 2. I also have cats called mogs a tabby and white moggy that invited himself to live with me 5 years ago and has never left.Teddy a seal tabby birman who loves stealing socks. Scamper a blue tabby birman who loves to play fetch with a rolled up piece of paper.And Raggles my red point ragdoll who just loves to be cuddled. My partner has wanted a dog for years now but I wanted to wait till I felt we were ready to look after one. I fell in love :luv: when I saw the show type cocker with there big floppy ears and the way they bounce when they run so so cute I never thought I would say it but I was hooked and just had to have one even though I am a cat person these dogs are just so adoreable.  I have got my name down and loads of rescue lists but still waiting for one. I have even missed two litters of rescue puppies by a matter of hours so not fair >:(. I even thought I was going to get a orange roan girl from a rescue in bristol but it turns out she is a dealer so as you can see I am not having much luck.I can't afford to pay these top prices that breeders want so I will have to carry on waiting. I am not going to settle for just anything I would really like a roan coloured so I will keep waiting until one is rescued that is suitable for me or I win the lottery and can afford to buy one. :005:

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
Re: hello I am a newbie too
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 07:20:30 PM »
Hiya  :D
Welcome 2 COL
We have 4 blue roans and 1 black puppy called Chico they all show type.We also have Golden Ret's you can see them all on the link below  :blink:

Hope you enjoy the forum  :D

xsarahx

Offline moughton

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 07:27:59 PM »
hi my name is trish and im new to this site to, im married to andy and have two boys 15 and 17 and our lovely cocker max he is 1 yrs ols (14.08.06) we got him at 10wks he is black and we think he is a show spaniel we have just joined this web site and icant believe how many people love their spaniels as much as us he is our pride and joy. we have  had a few health problems with him such as colitis and vomiting he tends to eat a lot of grass and then brings up bile which i find very upsetting. we feed him on chappie now to see if this helps but he is still being sick any antural remedies as he has had 6 lots of antibiotics of the vet since oct last year

thanks

:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 07:41:52 PM »
Hi Kelly Joy and welcome to COL

I have Coco who is one on Thursday.  I too was a cat person and had an almighty shock when I got a puppy for the first time.  Cats are sooooooooo easy and calm compared to the mad ball of fluff that is Coco. ::)  It was a bit of a culture shock going from cats to dog!  :o  A dog is so much more work and commitment.  My cats are still not keen after 10 months and will still run when Coco gets near them - this of course makes her want to chase them.  >:(  I live in hope that they will eventually all get on and peace will reign again in my house!!  ;)  Good luck with your search and I hope you find a cocker friend soon.  :D
Julie and Watson

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 08:40:38 PM »
Welcome to COL  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 10:33:47 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL

I hope you find your new companion soon.

It might be worth bearing in mind that any dog visit to the vets cost far more than cats too!

Cockers are lovely though.

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 10:58:18 PM »
Welcome to COL!

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline janey

• Site Member
  • it wasn't me,honest
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 09:30:49 PM »
hi and welcome to col

we have molly,she is black show type,and 6 mths old

cockers are certainly very lovable(and loving)dogs.good choice  ;)
love Janey and Molly xxx