Author Topic: screen lagging when scrolling,after formatting and reinstalling xp.  (Read 1018 times)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
my pc died last night(with all my unsaved photos)today i reformatted it and reinstalled xp.it turned out i just needed to update ph34r but auto updates were turned off and i was to lazy to do them.anyway when it crashed i got a message saying that the problem was probably a device that was not installed properly,then after reinstalling windows xp it crashed and said the same thing.i did all the updates and things seem fine except it's a bit slow to start up and the pages are lagging when i try and scroll up or down a page.in device manager there are three yellow ? on the "other devices,multimedia audio control and on video controller(vga compatable) the problem is if i try to update the drivers for these it says i need a disc and i don't even know what they are and so don't know if i have a disc.
anyone have any ideas?i would be very grateful :D

Offline BigJim&Kate

• Site Member
    • NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
Re: screen lagging when scrolling,after formatting and reinstalling xp.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 08:04:14 PM »
Hiya

You need the drivers for the pieces of hardware its listin with the "?"
The VGA one is your graphics card - Dig out all the disks you got with you pc and see if you have a graphics card driver.

If you dont get it sorted PM me as im about tonight and we'll sort it.

Jim
Jim, Kate, Bails, Millie & Gypsy Working for
NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
NESSR / NECSR Cocker Rehoming Co-ordinator

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 08:48:12 AM »
I agree - it's your graphics card that's not loaded properly and needs the drivers installing.

Is it a standalone graphics card? If so you should be able to download the drivers fromthe manufacturers website. The list where it shows the yellow "?" will tell you the make and model of it. Go to the website d/l and then install the drivers and you should be fine.

If it's onboard - ie part of your motherboard then the same applies - you need to find the make of your motherboard and go there for the drivers.

hth
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 09:12:35 AM »
thanks guys,all done and working smoothly :D