Author Topic: Puppy home at last!  (Read 841 times)

Offline hovis

• Site Member
    • www.kasordoncockers.com
Puppy home at last!
« on: September 09, 2006, 09:30:46 PM »
.........well what a big day we have had. our little girl has come to her forever home today! We are all exhausted but happy and am pleased & relieved to report that Hovis doesnt seem bothered by her at all. In fact, he went into her crate and helped himself to her toy!!

Anyway the reason for the post is I have just been looking at her pedigree and her great grand daddy was Sh Ch Best in Show Canigou Cambrai (1996 I think?). Can anyone give me any info on where this line is from etc etc?

Thanks in advance coz you're all such a helpful bunch!

I'll post some picture when we've downloaded them - thats if the camera doesnt go into overload before then!!!
Your dog is your friend, partner & defender. You are his life, love & leader. He will be yours, faithful & true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
Re: Puppy home at last!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 11:18:06 PM »
No help with the pedigree but just want to offer congrats on your new pup!  She sounds as though she is making herself at home despite being put in her place by Hovis :lol:

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 11:32:06 PM »
Sorry no help with the pedigree from me either.  :-\

Just wanted to say congratulations on bringing your little girl home.  :D  Can't wait to see some pics of her, does she have a name yet?
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 11:35:50 PM »
Anyway the reason for the post is I have just been looking at her pedigree and her great grand daddy was Sh Ch Best in Show Canigou Cambrai (1996 I think?). Can anyone give me any info on where this line is from etc etc?

Great to hear she is settling in....I have found this about her Crufts winning ancestor  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline redmal

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 09:09:09 AM »
Congrats on your new baby - wheres the pics then?? :shades:

Cant help much with the pedigree, but I did see Canigou Cambrai "in person" at a show - he was really lovely, a stunning black who positively gleamed. Seemed a nice tempered dog as well.

Offline hovis

• Site Member
    • www.kasordoncockers.com
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 10:09:48 PM »
Thanks for all your congrats! And thank you IWLass for the info on Canigou Cambrai who does look rather stunning - not sure my little devil will look like that tho! She's had a good day checking out her new home and deciding which toys she wants - usually the ones that Hovis has!!! Still havent named her yet. Pictures will follow I promise!!
Your dog is your friend, partner & defender. You are his life, love & leader. He will be yours, faithful & true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.