Author Topic: Marks and Sparks  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Dannyt

• Site Member
Marks and Sparks
« on: September 11, 2006, 06:49:13 PM »
I have Charlie insured with M&S at £10 and a bit  £'s a month. Just called to get a quote for Willow mums cocker dog and they want £21 month for a 6 month old with no health problems no previous illnesses and he's is fully vac'd as you would expect, the reason they gave is that there has been a lot of claims on young dogs recently!!!
I dread to think what my renewal will be!  >:D sorry if this has been raised a lot recently but I thought this was about the highest amount I have heard of yet.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Re: Marks and Sparks
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 07:01:37 PM »
Molo's went up from £11 to £18 per month - those of us with young, male dogs are really being clobbered by the new risk calculations  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline tonio

• Site Member
  • Freddie is taking flying lessons:Stage one,taxying
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 07:51:55 PM »

Might be worth looking at Halifax pet insurance.They offered me a policy which was only slightly less comprehensive than M&S but, with a £50 excess, was much,much cheaper at £10.91 per month.Seems surprising as both are underwritten by AXA.I believe the M&S policies went up nearly 100% on August 1st and will reflect that very large jump on renewal.
It will always pay to check around the internet for other quotes on renewal.This obviously applies to house, car, travel etc insurance. Never renew automatically without testing the market.I've also found that sometimes Insurance Brokers can find a better, cheaper policy than some of the direct insurers even with the usual 10% internet discount.

Tonio

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 08:05:45 PM »
It will always pay to check around the internet for other quotes on renewal.This obviously applies to house, car, travel etc insurance. Never renew automatically without testing the market.

Most Pet Insurance Policies require previous claims and pre-existing conditions to be declared, and they are then excluded from the new policy.....so I would only recommend shopping around if you are claim free, and your pet has received no veterinary treatment other than routine - it could work out very expensive, otherwise  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 08:27:58 PM »
i think the reason we all suffered so much at the aug increase was the fact that the m&s policy was very cheap for the cover it offers....

axa underwrite m&s as well as quite a few others.

danny, mine went up from £127 to £211 but i have still stuck with them - and given the £55 bill for jarv's paw last week (which, as we have the no excess cover we should get back almost in full) i feel it was a good decision.

as i said on a previous insurance post, m&s advised me the insurance premium for male dogs has increased due to the amount of injuries caused by fights  :o based on what research i'd like to know!), and more so for our younger boys....all very strange.....
helen & jarvis x

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 09:59:26 PM »
I'm with www.healthy-pets.co.uk and have just had the renewal through ............ yes it's gone up but only by 10p a month!!!!!  I now pay £5.65 per month for their gold cover which is a great plan.  I claimed £85  in the first year for a tummy bug which was more than the years premium.  I think I have the best £ wise and so far they have been great.

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 10:10:42 PM »
I am with Direct Line and pay £25 a month for both my boys, it hasn't gone up ... yet.
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 11:03:20 PM »
I paid £128 for Jessie Cocker last sept and renewal was £157!

Saffi Westie costs £110 a year....thats for a breed with known skin probs. Both dogs are 3 yrs old

Hodge cost £60 a year but worth every penny as we think the bill crept upto the £2k before he died  :'(

We still have the bill to come!

Janey

Offline isla

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 07:52:04 AM »
I was with More Than for Jem's first year whch was £10.99. I moved to M&S just before the 1 August deadline as the cover was £10.69 with no excess. Pleased we squeezed in before this happened but can't imagine what renewal is going to be like.