Author Topic: Setting up a website?  (Read 948 times)

Offline ash

• Site Member
Setting up a website?
« on: September 20, 2006, 07:58:52 PM »
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone knew how to set up a free web site where people can purchase my items. I have been making jewelry for a little while as a hobby and would like to sell it. I have looked on ebay but simular items dont really sell very well. So thought I would give that a go.

Thanks

Offline BigJim&Kate

• Site Member
    • NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
Re: Setting up a website?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 09:59:38 PM »
Depends what you want !

Selling online is expensive if you want a shop which takes orders and processes payments as it has to be secure. You have also got the problem of promoting your website on the internet, you'll be up against all the big names and I doubt very much you'll even get on google.

Your best bet is to set up a small website showing examples of the goods with and email address and PAY AS YOU GO mobile number for people to get in contact with you. You can then take cheques or paypal ect for the goods.

I would think your best bet with jewelry is to make plent up then book a pitch at a craft fair and see how you go, it will give you a good idea of your target shoppers and you can discuss your jewelry with real custormers for there opinions.

Market research is really the Key. If you want to set up a small website let me know and ill give you a few ideas to get you started.

Jim
Jim, Kate, Bails, Millie & Gypsy Working for
NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
NESSR / NECSR Cocker Rehoming Co-ordinator