Author Topic: Anyone with TalkTalk Problems ?  (Read 954 times)

Offline BigJim&Kate

• Site Member
    • NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
Jim, Kate, Bails, Millie & Gypsy Working for
NESSR - Spaniel Rescue
NESSR / NECSR Cocker Rehoming Co-ordinator

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
Re: Anyone with TalkTalk Problems ?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 10:00:58 AM »
Thanks for that.  I'll read it thoroughly later.

However our contract is for 18 months, not 12 as stated.

I called their freephone number earlier this week as we'd been disconnected for days from our previous supplier & talktalk had sent the username & password but no CD or modem.  I was ready to fly off the handle but the operator agreed that it was too long to wait & we got connected after a 48 min phone call, the operator talked me through the set-up (which I'd already done with the help of my IT dept at work) but obviously talktalk hadn't pressed their right buttons!  >:D

I STILL haven't received the CD or modem (& operator said he would send another package) but I don't intend to install them either whilst I'm still up & running (although it has only been 4 days)  as it seems that alot of the problems seem to come from installing the CD  :huh:

I won't go on with my problems, but I know there's alot of people out there with problems - so good luck all.
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
Re: Anyone with TalkTalk Problems ?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 06:31:31 PM »
I have to say that apart from my isntallation taking about 2 weeks longer than they said and the operator I spoke to spoke very little english, it has all gone very smoothly. The disc installed successfully the first time on both my desktop and laptop and I have to say I am very happy with the service. However, I cannot get talk talk where I am moving to so we'll have to see what they do about my 18 month contract.  ;)